Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ya gunna have to take the door barrel out, there is something very wrong with it. A good locksmith can fix it for much less than replacing it.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline jamesatfish

I can't remember the exact configuration on the Boxster, but I'm pretty sure the 911 (since the 996 at least) and the Cayenne only have key holes on the driver's side doors?

In that case I assume the OP is unable to unlock the car using the key in the driver's door so instead they use the remote button to unlock it?  In which case, my suggestion would be to just use the remote...?

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I can't remember the exact configuration on the Boxster, but I'm pretty sure the 911 (since the 996 at least) and the Cayenne only have key holes on the driver's side doors?

In that case I assume the OP is unable to unlock the car using the key in the driver's door so instead they use the remote button to unlock it?  In which case, my suggestion would be to just use the remote...?

Correct.
Try the button on the key that has the unlock diagram on it :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

After a couple of weeks, the remote feature powers down, requiring the key to be used to open the car.  But if you use the passenger door to get in, the remote must be working, meaning there's no need to manually use the key.

Given OP has posted only once, it might be better to wait for him to reply before wasting our energy...

Offline Amosblake

Its probably just wear and tear, or age. You can get a small bottle of graphite from a hardware store and squeeze a little into the lock to loosen it up.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Its probably just wear and tear, or age. You can get a small bottle of graphite from a hardware store and squeeze a little into the lock to loosen it up.

Or you could take a dildo and shove it up your arse.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala