Offline bora

• Drives: 911 GT3
Hi guys

Just wanted to introduce my self and hopefully join on some upcoming meets
I have joined the club just today and here's a pik of my daily car

it's build number 123 of 911 released as the milennium edition 911
it was purchased with some GT3 upgrades and has now just undergone some updates to the newer GT3RS :)

On the side I am building a lamborghini countach.. not a standard kit car.. completely hand built and it has been a project that has now reached the 1 year mark building (still ongoing)

Offline RedArt

• Drives: Lotus Elise
man i love the DAILY.
are the upgrades just cosmetic?

Really nice ride Is Lambo drivable?

Offline E7ITE

Welcome.

why does a "millenium edition" have a TechArt bodykit?

Offline bora

man i love the DAILY.
are the upgrades just cosmetic?

Really nice ride Is Lambo drivable?

Thanx :)
The lambo was drivable.. now it has no engine, gearbox, interior, electrical or windscreen lol
Im hoping it will be ready by the end of the year!

Offline bora

Welcome.

why does a "millenium edition" have a TechArt bodykit?

The car got vandalized when it was in Perth...... brake fluid amongst other things... tore up the paint and bumpers
Decided to change it so it looks more aggressive

and the updates are pretty much cosmetic at this stage, it does have extractors and full custom exhaust system with cold air intake but that's about as far as i have got so far :)

I have the roll cage at home as well as the full carbonfibre seats but they've been removed for daily driving.
Though im going to put the seats back in :)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
We were discussing on here about a Countach kit that was on ebay last year. We worked out it would be great out the back set up with a BBQ and esky under the bonnets. Yours with no engine, gearbox, interior, electrical or windscreen would be perfect for the conversion. I'd put the windscreen and seats back in so the kids had somewhere to play during the BBQ though. 
:burnout:

Offline bora

haha funny one...

Interestingly enough i wanted to buy another replica shell and get it all painted so it looks mint and throw my racing simulator into it.
That would be fun!

I know some of you may frown upon a "replica" but this isnt a kit car where u pay someone $50k and u drive out with a bomb that looks and feels like garbage....

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Welcome Bora to this pack of miscreants.

Now I am a novice at Lamborghini Countach of any kind - real or imagined.
Can you elaborate on "kits" of these. What are they, options, origin etc.
I have always assumed that the few of these I have seen are real.
Are you saying these are a kit that you attach to a POS like a Corolla/Celica etc.
Or are they a kit like the GT40 that you hand build yourself with your own selection of suspension, engine, gearbox etc?

I know a fellow who did a Ford GT40 and did a beautiful job. Cost him about $300k.

But the problem is that you never know what you are going to end up with. What looks good on paper and spec sheets sometimes turns out to be a lemon. Also my pal with the GT40. Heaven help him when he tries to sell it for even $200k.

:thumbsup:

Offline bora

Hey!

It's pretty simple really.. There a basic kit cars for example in usa they are made from a Pontiac fiero chassis  or in Australia pretty much use an mr2 or vw's and change the body of it..
The car doesn't end up being the right shape or size etc..
Also they don't put any specific detail into the engine brakes interior etc....
Very basic generic versions that are poorly done and it gives a bad name to all replicas...

Like GT40 replica if u spend 200k on it u will have a beautiful replica... but if u get a run of the mil one for 50k.... Most likely it will be garbage (this is my 2cents anyway)

Offline RedArt

• Drives: Lotus Elise
Hey!

It's pretty simple really.. There a basic kit cars for example in usa they are made from a Pontiac fiero chassis  or in Australia pretty much use an mr2 or vw's and change the body of it..
The car doesn't end up being the right shape or size etc..
Also they don't put any specific detail into the engine brakes interior etc....
Very basic generic versions that are poorly done and it gives a bad name to all replicas...

Like GT40 replica if u spend 200k on it u will have a beautiful replica... but if u get a run of the mil one for 50k.... Most likely it will be garbage (this is my 2cents anyway)

Yea i seen a few Ferraris online that were created out of MR2 SW20 model. looks good, on pictures anyway.
I think some guy did that in Korea with his hyundai and turned it into a Lambo, looked funny until it was confiscated by the police. It was in the paper not so long ago.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Ferrari ] Dino Mule spotted JPG Yesterday at 23:19
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dkabab Yesterday at 22:11
[ Cars ] Spotted thread barra Yesterday at 21:55
[ British Cars ] McLaren 675LT Spider Brenton Yesterday at 21:38
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... PA Yesterday at 21:28
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept Aircon Yesterday at 21:19
[ Events ] Mille Miglia shack Yesterday at 19:19
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees dodger Yesterday at 17:28
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante scud Yesterday at 15:19
[ Racing Videos ] FAAARRKK!!!! Now, this is racing on the limit!! Andy@MMRT Yesterday at 14:29