Offline bora

• Drives: 911 GT3
If you want to have bit of a chuckle have a look at this one for sale...

One of the worst countach replica's i have ever seen!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granton/cars-vans-utes/lamborghini-countach-replica-huge-price-reduction/1049795413

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
If you want to have bit of a chuckle have a look at this one for sale...

One of the worst countach replica's i have ever seen!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granton/cars-vans-utes/lamborghini-countach-replica-huge-price-reduction/1049795413

Jeysus Krist.... what did he start with, a Ride on lawn mower?
That is one very fugly thing (I can't call it a car)

:agro:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Hey!

It's pretty simple really.. There a basic kit cars for example in usa they are made from a Pontiac fiero chassis  or in Australia pretty much use an mr2 or vw's and change the body of it..
The car doesn't end up being the right shape or size etc..
Also they don't put any specific detail into the engine brakes interior etc....
Very basic generic versions that are poorly done and it gives a bad name to all replicas...

Like GT40 replica if u spend 200k on it u will have a beautiful replica... but if u get a run of the mil one for 50k.... Most likely it will be garbage (this is my 2cents anyway)
Why spend $200k on a replica when you can buy a real Lambo for that money and not get ridiculed??
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline bora

I wouldn't spend 200k on a countach replica
but 100k seems fair
also they sell for around 350k.... so that's a huge price difference
and as for a GT40
200K for that is marginal when u look at the originals being over 1 mil.

Offline dkabab

I wouldn't spend 200k on a countach replica
but 100k seems fair
also they sell for around 350k.... so that's a huge price difference
and as for a GT40
200K for that is marginal when u look at the originals being over 1 mil.

you would spend 100k on a replica? wow.

why not spend the same or a bit more and build something yourself. your own design.

Offline jamesatfish

Welcome!

It's a shame to hear about the vandalism on your 911 - didn't the millenium cars have the funky colour shifting grey/purple/green paintwork? I imagine that would have been hell to reproduce /match at the body shop.

Keen to hear more about the Countach replica - given the slap-together way Lamborghini themselves built cars in the pre-Audi days I reckon a hand-built replica with appropriate application of modern parts and techniques could come out a 'better' car than the original. If you've got a build thread going somewhere I'd love to see how it came together.

Offline bora

you would spend 100k on a replica? wow.

why not spend the same or a bit more and build something yourself. your own design.

seriously you couldn't imagine how expensive building cars can become especially if u want to make things work correctly with good power and handling..
it's all in the attention to detail and 100k can rack up very very quickly.

To design a car ur self is a whole other ball game...
just the over heads of design and prototype costs would be 100k and that would just to get the car started ...

There is much to account for and if I list it all it would be a he'll of a list lol

Offline bora

Welcome!

It's a shame to hear about the vandalism on your 911 - didn't the millenium cars have the funky colour shifting grey/purple/green paintwork? I imagine that would have been hell to reproduce /match at the body shop.

Keen to hear more about the Countach replica - given the slap-together way Lamborghini themselves built cars in the pre-Audi days I reckon a hand-built replica with appropriate application of modern parts and techniques could come out a 'better' car than the original. If you've got a build thread going somewhere I'd love to see how it came together.

hey Thanks :)

Yeah they had a beautiful charcoal type paint job with pearl and metallic purple / green flakes. ..
I have a painter who could make it 98% the same but porsche said the car had to be shipped to Germany to receive that paint job as they wouldn't paint it in aus :/
Long story short insurance company wouldn't pay for such a thing so i went with a completely different colour scheme from the gt3rs
Personally I like it much much more :)

As for the countach build I have piks but really only on my fb page as I don't use forums too much until just recently.

Offline cel

I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of the Countach :thumbsup:

And I like the look of the Porsche

Offline bora

Here u go
It had no windscreen or interior in that pik and I've got a new front bar on the way too.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home goober Today at 08:13
[ Ferrari ] Australian Delivered 308GTB 'glass Aircon Today at 08:01
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics amgsl55 Today at 08:01
[ Cars ] Spotted thread mhh Today at 00:09
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees scud Yesterday at 20:36