Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I don't mean to be a defeatist in any way, but you have more chance as a Snow ball in Hell than you do of ever changing these laws and regulations to do with importing cars.

We just have to live with it.......

But at least you have the PI option which is not that bad....................Yet!!!!!!!! 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If it's PI you won't have to do much compliance work.

It's only RAWS that's difficult.

And you're not allowed to bring in high volume Ferraris either... 360 is a low volume car, and 430 is same as Porsche, hence not allowed.

Wow, I never really looked before but there are no Pork Pies at all, period that can be imported under the RAWS!!!!   :boggled:

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
'02 Turbos have terrible resale already - why would you want to make it worse?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
'02 Turbos have terrible resale already - why would you want to make it worse?

the same reason EVERYBODY wants to bring in imports...

they THINK they're gunna make money...........

one by one, they're learning...... :rolleyes:

Offline speedybird

on a bad day in aus i am gonna get 80,000 for my car. as the aussie dollar is so strong, i am gonna make plenty of money on it  - even with the taxes etc. and if idont - hey. i got a great car to drive around in, that is a win win situation.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
the same reason EVERYBODY wants to bring in imports...

they THINK they're gunna make money...........

one by one, they're learning...... :rolleyes:

Can't say we haven't warned them a million
Times already.

I only want a gt2 because I'm already moving overseas for business, should be a great car to drive through the twist roads of the alps, then jump onto the autobahns and go like the wind on the inside lane and hopefully fulfill my dream of driving the ring in something fun.

Having said that there is a massive saving to be made on an Aventadore :)

Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
on a bad day in aus i am gonna get 80,000 for my car. as the aussie dollar is so strong, i am gonna make plenty of money on it  - even with the taxes etc. and if idont - hey. i got a great car to drive around in, that is a win win situation.

You will be extremely lucky to get anything for more than $60k for a PI 2001 turbo because the asking of Aussie delivered is already down to $90k. PI are not the same as raws or Aussie delivered. For a PI to get a decent price it really needs to be unique, rare or in factory as new condition.

If you are looking at $80k worst  case scenario, I say be prepared to lower your expectations now. You can not Gauge the market price by scrolling through the asking price on carsales. Asking price and sale price are generally worlds apart.

Good luck but I'm pretty confident you won't make any money out of that car unless you picked it up for under £20 000 and you are prepared to do a lot of work for a small profit. Should have done a 458 instead.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You will be extremely lucky to get anything for more than $60k for a PI 2001 turbo because the asking of Aussie delivered is already down to $90k. PI are not the same as raws or Aussie delivered. For a PI to get a decent price it really needs to be unique, rare or in factory as new condition.

I really hate to agree with FF but if you are importing for profit then forget it.  Especially with these sorts of cars.

I have made good money in the past from importing cars, but it was a completely different market. I haven’t imported anything for a while now because profit margins have closed to almost nothing.
This is due to the fact that just about anyone can jump on the internet or eBay and buy a car from overseas and have it shipped back here. This has its risks and I have seen plenty of horror stories but that is another story. Importing now is mainly for personal use.

I wouldn’t PI a car unless it was rare and/or was going into the collection.  Look at S4Simon as an example, he PI’ed his car and kept it.

Online S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
My car was 8 years old when I bought it and had been in storage for the 4 years prior to that.  Bought it for around Au$30,000  + another 10k to ship and register.  Shannons have just revalued at 75K replacement value. 

When I go to sell, if I get anything over 40k I would be very happy.  I was after a car that was rare and easily maintainable.  I've had her 9 years now with only one issue that cost $27 to fix.

Originally I was going to buy a 911 to import but they were just to common on Oz roads.

You either have to buy something extremely rare and resellable or something that you're going to keep and enjoy.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Shannons have just revalued at 75K replacement value. 

75k hey????    :scratchchin:

I have to give them a call - I may contact you for some detials about that if I don't get any joy.