Can't someone bring over a noble.... More likely to make money on it

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Can't someone bring over a noble.... More likely to make money on it

Amen.

Offline speedybird

Hi All,

I will bring my 996 tt over to W.A in early 2013. Sounds like it wont be too hard after all.

And No, it wont be for sale, as it is now quicker than a new 997 gt2rs...i.e 700 hp and 900 NM.....it is a total animal, pure excitement. She prefers to race the fastest bikes, as cars simply seem to be standing still when I open up the Metzger engine...even a new jaguar xkr was soo slow compared to her.

I guess I will really have the option of flooring it to see off the many, many policemen in W.A who are soooo keen to fine people for tiny little speeding infringements so they can feel so powerful...;)

Like, what a joke, if you are caught going say 126 kph, you are in the newspaper as a Hoon ! - I look forward to one day being in the same newspaper for doing 350 kph on the freeway....I should then get a meddle instead of jail and having my car crushed, punishments that are all a little bit too unfriendly in my opinion....

My 2 yr old daughter calls the Turbo "Boom Boom...." and loves riding in it especially if i give it some beef !

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have been reading some draft docos regarding Importing and PI's.

They are looking at the rules again and it looks like that the rules for PIs are about to change. Anything that has been modified will most likely be rejected or will have to go through some rigorous engineering.  :?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I have been reading some draft docos regarding Importing and PI's.

They are looking at the rules again and it looks like that the rules for PIs are about to change. Anything that has been modified will most likely be rejected or will have to go through some rigorous engineering.  :?

That has already happened for the older cars I believe. Importers of those Hot Rod muscle car things have been complaining for a while about modified cars being hard to import.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That has already happened for the older cars I believe. Importers of those Hot Rod muscle car things have been complaining for a while about modified cars being hard to import.

Correct - I have had cars rejected due to only a few minor mods......

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Deserves a meddle for sure.

He'll get all the "meddling" he can handle while in with bubba from the mines, don't worry!

Offline speedybird

OK was just having a bit of fun. I do not intend to drive at 350 kph and endanger other lives of course....

My point is though, Aussie has to "lighten up" a bit with respect to chasing motorists for speeding fines.
What I have seen in WA, is the worst in the world. Why are people accepting the cops fining them for being like 3 ?  or 6 kph over the limit ? That is police supression, we can all do without it.  Big speeding, or speeding in school zones, yes, this is not acceptable, but a few KPH over on normal roads, that is just a cop power trip ordinary people are unable to defend against.

It just makes people drive down a road, check no cameras, then return and drive down it again blasting down it hard, really enjoying the fact the cops won't be getting them for speeding :) It is a great feeling of liberty actually, as it really is raising 2 fingers at the cops and their massively over the top hidden cameras. Anyway, if the cops were more "normal", there would be no need to counter this unnecessary supression / money making / extra tax racket. There, had to be said as it seems people have been brainwashed in WA into thinking "oh these massive amounts of hidden cameras is like so good, I must now pay my 5th fine for being 4 kph over the limit". like WTF, hole in the head ?

Shame to hear hot rods are having a hard time getting in, again, too many people employed in government jobs making up unecessary rules insead of creating value for Aussie and their children's future. 

and "rigourous engineering" inspection, sounds to me like a forced prostate gland inspection or  "how dare you challenge us, we are the established people in power here, let's fleece you for your little import" :)