Offline masterkemen

came across this older thread and was wondering if there has been any changes regarding this since the last post.
Im looking at a 2002 996 in NZ and would like to know what the cost of compliance would be ( and if at all possible )  and who does it in Melbourne
thanks

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Personal imports only for post 89 911's.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
came across this older thread and was wondering if there has been any changes regarding this since the last post.
Im looking at a 2002 996 in NZ and would like to know what the cost of compliance would be ( and if at all possible )  and who does it in Melbourne
thanks

996 TT's are so cheap here now why would you bother?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I'd be surprised if new NZ delivered 996 didn't already have Australian compliance... A lot of luxury car brands that don't sell heaps of quantity in NZ just use Aus Compliance. Eg: Lamborghini/Bentley/Ferrari
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline masterkemen

I can land a 2002 996 TT with 60k on the clock for $60,000 AUD.  It a local delivered car with all Porsche NZ history. I guess it depends on what it would cost me to have it meet compliance and if its at all possible.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
It is possible and I'm still betting that it won't need any compliance, there will be none/next to no lct payable, just duties and GST. Will need to get inspected for rego.

If it has to come in as a personal import or not you will have to find out how Porsche Imported their cars into the country originally. Either way I don't think it will need compliance at all, just roadworthy inspection for rego.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
I'm 99% sure that Porsche cars in NZ don't carry a compliance plate in line with the Motor Vehicles Standards Act. I think the 996 compliance plate if one exists will be under the carpet on the boot. 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

What Wattens said is worth investigating. If it came to Australia first then there is a loop hole......but you will need to get a photo of the plate on the car and talk to Porsche Australia.

If you are rego'ing the car in Vic, you will most likely be asked to get a VASS done on it which could be a PITA........