Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Yeah, 997.1 Carrera just floats my boat out of all the modern ones. :) that and the 964 C2.

No rear seats in any GT3, touring or club sport? Have thought about possibility of fitting rear seats to a 997.1 GT3, but at the moment don't have the time or inclination to muck around. Also, wouldn't really utilize the GT3's capability with the family on board, if you know what I mean, and I already have one sports car that I don't have time to drive the way it was intended to be driven.

rear seats have been put in 1 of I know of back here so could be done

but understand and probably not worth the extra 110k

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Yes, that's what I reckon.  Would rather put the extra $ towards an old 911.

Online TomE

rear seats have been put in 1 of I know of back here so could be done

I looked at it at Belcar a few years ago, but someone here advised it had taken a hit at Mallala.

Noticed this one is for sale in SA. No pics to confirm if it's the GT3 with rear seats.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Online jamesatfish

Some offer the hard top...... is that a worthwhile addition ?  apparently they are expensive to purchase later.

We had a hard top for our 996 Turbo Cab.  It came down from the Sydney dealership in the back of our wagon, sat on the stand in the garage for 8 years and then went on the car the first time so the new owner could drive it home.

I reckon the heated rear glass screen would be very useful in proper sub-zero climates, but even in Canberra the cloth roof was perfectly acceptable.  Not to mention I didn't see the point of driving a cabrio when you couldn't just drop the roof whenever you wanted.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

We had a hard top for our 996 Turbo Cab.  It came down from the Sydney dealership in the back of our wagon, sat on the stand in the garage for 8 years and then went on the car the first time so the new owner could drive it home.

I reckon the heated rear glass screen would be very useful in proper sub-zero climates, but even in Canberra the cloth roof was perfectly acceptable.  Not to mention I didn't see the point of driving a cabrio when you couldn't just drop the roof whenever you wanted.

My wife drove my Cab to school for about a year as she is a teacher. I put the hardtop on every week so a student didn't put a pen through it.

I had a remote control hoist in the garage for it to take it off and put it back on easily by myself.

Offline David B

Thanks mate, again I love the real world experiences to set the record straight.  I guess if the cars good, then if you get a hard top with it then its good to have the option, but not a deal breaker between cars!!

Ebay I found last night actually has one for $1K so I guess thats is what its worth.

Cheers!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Offline David B

Thanks mate, again I love the real world experiences to set the record straight.  I guess if the cars good, then if you get a hard top with it then its good to have the option, but not a deal breaker between cars!!

Ebay I found last night actually has one for $1K so I guess thats is what its worth.

Cheers!

PS;
 http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kenwick/cars-vans-utes/2006-porsche-911-carrera-coupe-automatic/1107341671

If this car passed PPI I'd be pretty happy.  Unfortunately not ready to buy yet.