• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

modern - Exige
OHOS - Jalpa

Good choices but I'd have the Exige over the Jalpa every time.  Unless you are into collecting museum pieces, the moderns are way more driving fun (he says, never having owned a classic).

Offline waz356

...the moderns are way more driving fun (he says, never having owned a classic).

I'll disagree with that one Mark. The problem with modern cars is there ability to do everything so well, hence the need for greater speed. You wouldn't have enjoyed the run that Brenton and I did yesterday in the GT4 and GTB if you had been in the 911. And we hardly broke the speed limit.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Good choices but I'd have the Exige over the Jalpa every time.  Unless you are into collecting museum pieces, the moderns are way more driving fun (he says, never having owned a classic).

Well, that's the point of classic v modern, I'm at heart a 70/80's motoring guy - that was my period for cars.  Your car was a blast to drive, I loved it and would be happy with it on a day-to-day basis, but I couldn't fall in love with it.  My stinky little X1/9 is just way more fun for me though - but I suspect the Exige will be right up there for the raw driving experience.

As to the Jalpa - I love the shape, and from all reports I've heard it is a good step above a 308 for driving experience, not to mention the sound.  You've heard goober's Urraco, the Jalpa has basically the same engine, but a litre more capacity.  But because I don't want more than one OHOS in the garage anymore I won't get one until I get rid of my X habit.

Between the Exige and Jalpa, they would fulfill most of my motoring needs.  Looking under my sofa for spare change isn't helping much though.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You wouldn't have enjoyed the run that Brenton and I did yesterday in the GT4 and GTB if you had been in the 911.

You may be right, but I reckon the run would have been 10x as much fun in the Exige or any modern Lotus (at the speed limit).  But unless you have driven an Exige ( and I haven't), neither of us will know the answer to that I guess. :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Just reading the exige/jalpa notes above ... get a v8 esprit ash - best of both worlds (and I have driven all 3 now!).
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Just reading the exige/jalpa notes above ... get a v8 esprit ash - best of both worlds (and I have driven all 3 now!).

Love to - slab of VB for the 350? :p

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Bwwahahahahaa. Ah, you master negotiator you...
C'mon, do it!