Offline carmooch

• Name: George
The point of this thread was to highlight the huge performance difference between the GTR and my car. Am quite disappointed actually.. I didn't think I'd be too close to the GTR but didn't expect it to be this far off.
Fair points. As you touched on previously the 2011 GT-R is a massive improvement over the previous generation versions which as we know was already a ridiculously quick car on track. More power, better suspension, better brakes, less weight, improved ATTESA (I think that's what it was called). They have managed to shave another 0.5 seconds off the 0-100km/h time as well. Pretty much bang on 3.0 seconds 0-100km/h is out of this world!

2007 GT-R vs 2007 997 Turbo would definitely level the playing field, as would 2011 GT-R vs 2011 Turbo - a lot has changed in 4 years!

Also worth mentioning the GT-R isn't quite the performance bargain it once was. Obviously still awesome bang for back but its $20,000 more than when it first went on sale!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Well you should have bought my car then :P it's still for sale ;)
:thumbsup:

Still prefer yours/Porsches over a GTR!  :cool:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Brenton, yes it's J's. He is quick..

He made the change from gt3 to now two gtrs.
He is lightning fast. That would be the gtrs track limit in the damp if done by him. So don't be down on the turbo. There is plenty of time to dial it in and shorten the gap.

It could be your bench mark to aim for with the turbo. A challenge is always fun.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

GT-R owners best in the GT-R was 1.14.1
GT-R owners best in my car was 1.20.4

who was doing the timing?

compare that 1.14.1 to the times of the modified and I believe on slicks GTR35 of Keir Wilson at Mallala at the time attack in March this year and see if you think a stock R35 is gonna run 14.1... Im not saying its not true, it just appears suspicious.
http://gsr-evo-club.net/documents/track-day/Autosport%20Time%20Attack%20Round%201%202011%20Official%20Results.pdf

Probably the fastest R35 ever at Mallala is Keir Wilson's mildly modified GTR and he ran a best of 01:14.395 at that meet.  He has run a sub 1.13 before but thats not a stock R-35 it has 25k plus in upgrades on it and has done 100s of laps of development at Mallala. So a stock GTR doing 1.14.1 on a wet track just seems a little out there. Was the guy driving the R35s name Whincup or Lowndes at all?

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

He made the change from gt3 to now two gtrs.
He is lightning fast. That would be the gtrs track limit in the damp if done by him. So don't be down on the turbo. There is plenty of time to dial it in and shorten the gap.

It could be your bench mark to aim for with the turbo. A challenge is always fun.

No way.. my Turbo ain't gonna cut it. Even against the previous GTR the Turbo would struggle. The Turbo is still a nice comfy luxury cruiser, I guess..  tho at this moment I do wish I had grabbed the 2011 GTR that they had in stock. 

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

who was doing the timing?

compare that 1.14.1 to the times of the modified and I believe on slicks GTR35 of Keir Wilson at Mallala at the time attack in March this year and see if you think a stock R35 is gonna run 14.1... Im not saying its not true, it just appears suspicious.
http://gsr-evo-club.net/documents/track-day/Autosport%20Time%20Attack%20Round%201%202011%20Official%20Results.pdf

Probably the fastest R35 ever at Mallala is Keir Wilson's mildly modified GTR and he ran a best of 01:14.395 at that meet.  He has run a sub 1.13 before but thats not a stock R-35 it has 25k plus in upgrades on it and has done 100s of laps of development at Mallala. So a stock GTR doing 1.14.1 on a wet track just seems a little out there. Was the guy driving the R35s name Whincup or Lowndes at all?

Timing through Performance Box for both cars.

The track had wet patches, but there were enough dry areas for a good run. It dried up pretty quick.

Assuming my timer is working properly then I'd say he was that quick. He overtook easily through the corners. That car powers through the turns really well.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Haha I'm running out of options here, at least the ladies would prefer the Porsche! :P

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Haha I'm running out of options here, at least the ladies would prefer the Porsche! :P

Not my wife, who frowns when I tell her we're takin the 997. Often she'll ask to either take her car or the Cayenne  :rolleyes:

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Timing through Performance Box for both cars.

The track had wet patches, but there were enough dry areas for a good run. It dried up pretty quick.

Assuming my timer is working properly then I'd say he was that quick. He overtook easily through the corners. That car powers through the turns really well.

Those R35's are damn fast are they not? It is very humbling going up against one on any track. The 2011 is supposed to be as fast around a track as the heavily modded earlier ones.............ran against a couple of early ones and a 2011 at Wakefield and the difference in them was vast.........the 2011 seemed to be a different car. It handled differently, sounded different, was a load faster in acceleration and was just a whole lot more composed!

Heres a scary thought...........what if they have kept more in reserve for the next update release??????????????
Always Gunna

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
J.N. took me for a few laps many years ago in his STi & even back then, he could steer a vehicle......I could imagine how he has improved with the cars he has owned & driven around Mallala over the years :eek:

Extremely good driver :)