Offline jamesatfish

so between the 2, would you buy a Macan turbo or na RS6?

RS6 without a doubt.  Significantly quicker than the Macan Turbo with a brilliant engine noise, massive boot, heaps of rear seat space, many more tech goodies, far more useful for carting 2 kids and all their associated crap.

Also has an RRP ~$100K more than the Macan, so not really a fair comparison.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

RS6 without a doubt.  Significantly quicker than the Macan Turbo with a brilliant engine noise, massive boot, heaps of rear seat space, many more tech goodies, far more useful for carting 2 kids and all their associated crap.

Also has an RRP ~$100K more than the Macan, so not really a fair comparison.

Understandably the RS6 is another price level, I keep tossing up RS4 v's Macan turbo.

Offline jamesatfish

Understandably the RS6 is another price level, I keep tossing up RS4 v's Macan turbo.

For me it's RS6 > Macan Turbo > RS4.

My wife used to have a C63 Estate, which we planned to replace with the RS4 as the C-class was getting too cramped.  The RS4 is a sharp drive and the NA engine sounds great but it's just too small for our liking - with child seats in the back there isn't much room for the front passenger and it's pretty much impossible to wedge an adult into the back middle seat between 2 kids' seats.

The Macan is nearly 100mm wider than the RS4 and has significantly more rear headroom making it more practical as a family hauler, and although it's down on power compared to the RS4 you notice the extra torque when overtaking with a fully loaded car or when towing.  Fuel consumption isn't one of my primary concerns but range is, and the 60L tank on the RS4 is pretty pathetic for a family car.

Without the need to haul kids, their paraphernalia and the occasional rear seat passenger the RS4 would probably be the pick - but then again without those requirements you probably wouldn't be shopping a family wagon or SUV anyway.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

2017 RS4 could be an interesting machine when it is launched. Even the base S-line wagon looks good and finally has a good interior.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I can't wait for the 17 RS4 I've heard that it has a supercharged twin turbo V6, not sure how true that is.

Offline dkabab

Don't you have an rs7?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline dkabab

Put an x in the place of the s

i could have sworn you said you bought one... i must have miss heard you.

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
i could have sworn you said you bought one... i must have miss heard you.
Maybe he has but no one has seen it.

Offline Joel