Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Dont really like it but saving judgement until seen in the flesh.

looks pretty good, porsches biggest sellout.... i mean they will sell-out....  :scratchchin:

No, their biggest sell out has been that they recently announced that they will be doing a diesel engine...  :doh:
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Porsche Panamera to debut at Auto China in April

Porsche will introduce the new Porsche Panamera to the public at Auto Shanghai 2009 this coming April. The four-door will hit the streets towards the end of this summer.

The Stuttgart-based company intended to build the Panamera as a very comfortable and luxe car with qualities typically found in Porsche sports cars. Although a four-door, it was designed to look and function like a coupé, meaning solid performance without sacrificing interior space to get it.

Engine choices include normally aspirated and turbocharged V6 and V8 engines, ranging from 300 to 500 bhp. All engines have direct fuel injection, making them a bit more efficient. Six-speed manual transmission comes standard, with a seven-speed double-clutch also available.

The Sports Chrono Package can be selected by the customer, giving the car "a more sporting and dynamic engine and gearshift characteristics." Most models come standard as rear-wheel-drive, but the top model gets Porsche Traction Management with all-wheel-drive. PTM may also be purchased as an option.

The new Porsche Panamera will be introduced to the public on the 19th of April in Shanghai, China. The two units on display will be a naturally-aspirated V8 model, and a twin-turbo V8.

Offline dkabab

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Oh dear - seriously?

I can imagine it would look fantastic dead front-on - but jeez, Lamborghini did it with the Espada and sorta got away with making something interesting, this is an abortion.

Offline dkabab

yeah its sorta half way between a wagon and a coupe.... i just dunno. like you said, the front looks good. so i'll wait till i see one

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

...i'll wait till i see one

No, see we use that phrase when we see something online that perhaps doesn't capture the nice angles of the car which you'll be able to appreciate in the flesh.  Even in these pics - if the final car looks anything like that, I can say right now I don't need to do the "reserve judgement" thing, I judge and execute right now.

Dam, where's the :vomit: smiley... :p

Offline dkabab

No, see we use that phrase when we see something online that perhaps doesn't capture the nice angles of the car which you'll be able to appreciate in the flesh.  Even in these pics - if the final car looks anything like that, I can say right now I don't need to do the "reserve judgement" thing, I judge and execute right now.

Dam, where's the :vomit: smiley... :p

ImageImage

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I'm with you here Ash, front 3/4 will be the only kind angle for this other than front on. Everything else will make it look huge!! Poor Porsche. As much as I would rather Lamborghini build a 2+2 I think the Estoque nailed the 4 seater look pretty well.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I'm with you here Ash, front 3/4 will be the only kind angle for this other than front on. Everything else will make it look huge!! Poor Porsche. As much as I would rather Lamborghini build a 2+2 I think the Estoque nailed the 4 seater look pretty well.

hey good point - I forgot about the Estoque.

After posting my comment above I looked at the start of the thread and realised that the press pics were actually pretty close to what we're seeing in these latest shots - and it made me re-realise how much work goes into making ugly palatable for the marketing folk :eek:

Sadly for Porsche, alcohol doesn't work.  It might work on fat chicks, but not fat cars.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Bugger me someone is actually awake with me, I hope you have been on the turps too. The panamera has got to be the worst kept secret ever, about 2-3 months ago one of the guys over on LP took some photos of a lightly camoflauged cars doing laps in Miami.