Offline NBTBRV8

Why would somebody spec it like this?  It looks great from outside with PCCBs too, but then you open the door to find Mocca!  Mocca is fine with some colour combos, but black, in a Spyder???

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Boxster-2011/OAG-AD-12080192/?Cr=16

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

I had that same choc / mocha colour in my old 930 turbo which was black exterior too - when it had a bit of patina (prior owner was a freak about rubbing neatsfoot in) - the crinkles in the leather and tiny wear marks looked awesome and had a sense of history/gravitas.

Whoever ends up buying the car at least has that to look forward to in 20 years time  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael

Offline way

It's meant to look retro, and it does. Awesome combo which you will have to see in real life to appreciate. This car has been going back and forth between my friend and I until it was decided that it's time to let it go for something else. I feel sad seeing it advertised to be honest. If someone here is interested, let me assure you that the car is in top condition and was never thrashed. Just a road used car and not been on track. Fully detailed once a year eventhough as you can tell from the mileage it was hardly ever used.

Offline NBTBRV8

It's meant to look retro, and it does. Awesome combo which you will have to see in real life to appreciate. This car has been going back and forth between my friend and I until it was decided that it's time to let it go for something else. I feel sad seeing it advertised to be honest. If someone here is interested, let me assure you that the car is in top condition and was never thrashed. Just a road used car and not been on track. Fully detailed once a year eventhough as you can tell from the mileage it was hardly ever used.

Ok so spill the beans, how much fat is there for haggling?  Which dealer has it?

PS, no offence by the way, just surprised by the colour combination for the type of car it is.

Offline way

Ok so spill the beans, how much fat is there for haggling?  Which dealer has it?

PS, no offence by the way, just surprised by the colour combination for the type of car it is.

Nah not offended at all. Colour and trims are one of those things that are highly personal. When you order a car from scratch, you are doing it for yourself and no one else. I would never have bought a Speed Yellow GT3 or a Green Aston or a Yas Marina M3 if I'm worried about what others think about my choice.

Car is at PCM. Surprisingly there isn't a huge amount of fat unlike previous trades.

Offline Alpinem3e92

Strange no one asked what you traded it on.

Offline NBTBRV8

Nah not offended at all. Colour and trims are one of those things that are highly personal. When you order a car from scratch, you are doing it for yourself and no one else. I would never have bought a Speed Yellow GT3 or a Green Aston or a Yas Marina M3 if I'm worried about what others think about my choice.

Car is at PCM. Surprisingly there isn't a huge amount of fat unlike previous trades.

Cool, totally agree.

In the fat it obviously depends how much is in it at the other end, I.E. what you traded it on.

Offline way

In the fat it obviously depends how much is in it at the other end, I.E. what you traded it on.

Yup. If they can't make money out of the trade (which they will anyway I'm sure) they can make it up by how much margin was in the new car.

Offline way

Strange no one asked what you traded it on.

You would be familiar with the car because it's the same as what you just ordered yourself, but just with a higher spec. 😜