Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHNJGf3A5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHNJGf3A5k</a>
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Looks great but lets be honest not that different to the 3.8 which is by no means a bad looking car.
Graphics are nice and subtle, just needs to loose the stickers on the sides of the front bumper

like the white wheels, different to the fad of black wheels that is sweeping the car market at the moment
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Mr Enzo

Looks great but lets be honest not that different to the 3.8 which is by no means a bad looking car.
Graphics are nice and subtle, just needs to loose the stickers on the sides of the front bumper

like the white wheels, different to the fad of black wheels that is sweeping the car market at the moment

+1

Althought for me no stickers over the top of the car, just on the sides from the doors back.
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I was at the porsche dealer on glen osmond road this morning

not only do they have a GT3 RS 4.0, but its sold, and staying in SA
looked great, the sales guy was keen to talk about it even though it has been sold

my missus had a look around too, and I was able to conince her theres enough storage room in the front and behind the seats of a gt3 even with the roll cage, to carry enough baggage for a road trip holiday and bring back shopping

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I was at the porsche dealer on glen osmond road this morning

not only do they have a GT3 RS 4.0, but its sold, and staying in SA
looked great, the sales guy was keen to talk about it even though it has been sold

my missus had a look around too, and I was able to conince her theres enough storage room in the front and behind the seats of a gt3 even with the roll cage, to carry enough baggage for a road trip holiday and bring back shopping

Ohhh, I've been down this road before  :)

As much as my missus is a saint, unless you've managed to snag a fine lady who loves her teeth being rattled out (erm, in the car I mean, not during the lovemaking, shuddup Mondi) then it's tough work actually doing a 'needs luggage' trip in anything so track focussed.

The compromise car we ended up with is the Ferrari 456 - which is shite for anything approaching a track, but is a genuniely entertaining GT and great for daily duties.

If you haven't had a chance for a punt yet and you do need to have some travelling compromise - it's really worth having a go of a turbo. I'm eyeballing a 996TT at the moment as they seem to have tanked out - they are genuinely comfortable, tunable and respectable on the track (if a bit less involved than a GT3/2).

C'mon, do it!

Offline CortinaD

the most exciting thing for me was when he said street legal.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Ohhh, I've been down this road before  :)

As much as my missus is a saint, unless you've managed to snag a fine lady who loves her teeth being rattled out (erm, in the car I mean, not during the lovemaking, shuddup Mondi) then it's tough work actually doing a 'needs luggage' trip in anything so track focussed.

The compromise car we ended up with is the Ferrari 456 - which is shite for anything approaching a track, but is a genuniely entertaining GT and great for daily duties.

If you haven't had a chance for a punt yet and you do need to have some travelling compromise - it's really worth having a go of a turbo. I'm eyeballing a 996TT at the moment as they seem to have tanked out - they are genuinely comfortable, tunable and respectable on the track (if a bit less involved than a GT3/2).

My Lotus is a fair bit rawer than a gt3 as far as ride and comfort goes, and she loves it. She begs me to take her in it most weekends, and 'go faster' is often the instruction. She wont let me sell it. Her only concern is we have been away in it a few times and you cant really fit enough bags in it for 2 people (I have to carry a laptop wherever I go), as theres no room at all behind the seats for things like a handbag, pillow, books etc. The porsche has a lot more room for things like that.

Neither of us really use a car for commuting at all, driving is only for fun.

as far as gt3 vs turbo, I know they are similar money and the turbo probably out performs it on roads most of the time, but something about the engine, rollcage etc in the gt3 appeals to me

now if I had the cash, the GT3 RS 4.0 would be mine in a heartbeat