Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LOL, Ok I'm going back to the Ferrari corner then.

Don't be too hard on me, I did own a 911 in the late 80's and loved it!! (suc, suc, suc)  :worship:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
"...even more unique..." :doh:

Details emerge on 2011 Porsche 911

Porsche’s future lineup has been subject to much speculation as of late, so what’s a little bit more? A new 911 is headed our way in 2011, and while the iconic sports car’s face will remain familiar in its new form, Porsche is planning plenty of changes under the skin.

Internally referred to as the 991, Porsche R&D chief Wolfgang Dürheimer promises the new 911 “will be even more competent, even sexier, even more unique” than the current car. Although the 911’s overall shape will remain the same, Dürheimer revealed to Car Magazine the 911’s front fascia will actually have to be slightly altered to meet new pedestrian crash safety laws. The car’s rear will also be reshaped to become more slippery through the air and Dürheimer even promises the new car will do without door mirrors. Dürheimer didn’t elaborate on the latter subject, but it would seem safe to assume the car’s side mirrors will be replaced with rear-facing cameras – a concept car tech that has been promised but not delivered for years now.

The next 911 will also get a host of active aerodynamic bits. An extending rear spoiler will be part of the new package, as will adjustable front spoilers. Perhaps even more interesting, Car says the 2011 911 will feature adjustable air vents, which can selectively block air to increase top-end speed or function as “active jet-vents” to provide extra road-holding ability.

Lightweight composite materials will be used throughout the next 911, which will not only help overall performance, but should also squeak out a few extra MPGs.

Dürheimer even looked into his crystal ball to see what would be in store for the future 911, slated to bow in 2018. Porsche’s new PDK will soldier on to 2018 and beyond, but it’s quite possible that Porsche will launch a new CVT in 2018. As one would expect, the 2018 car would be packed with even more electronics, including four-wheel steering, a self parking system similar to Lexus’ and even a steer-by-wire driving system.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/details-emerge-on-2011-porsche-911.html

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

"...even more unique..." :doh:

And even sexier - is this possible?   :eek:

Offline mjs1

don't know if anyone's seen this yet. i'm not that impressed but the porsche blood in me will love it and i want one already.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=614265&nmt=Auto%20Express%20998%20Spy%20Shots

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
don't know if anyone's seen this yet. i'm not that impressed but the porsche blood in me will love it and i want one already.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=614265&nmt=Auto%20Express%20998%20Spy%20Shots

there appears to be a family resemblance starting to happen with 911s. anyone else noticed that?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Geez we have to click through three sites to see pics?

Then again - I couldn't be bothered uploading any either...

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
there appears to be a family resemblance starting to happen with 911s. anyone else noticed that?

You might be onto something there...

Offline app

Lol it doesn't look that different. At the front below the grill it looks all retarded or is that just part of the test car? I bet they make the back almost the same.

Okay I get it now. Hilarious.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Mule.

Edited to include picture of new Porsche

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Lol it doesn't look that different. At the front below the grill it looks all retarded or is that just part of the test car? I bet they make the back almost the same.

How do you mean? They've always had identical shapes. Are you saying that the looks are going beyond the shapes? Well in this case, pfft, it looks like th 997 to me. I always thought with the 997, they made a modern version of the 964, at the front. The headlights are like the new version of it.

*sigh*

my sense of humour is lost over the internet.

I love my car. Buy your own