Offline dkabab

They have 2 shells from memory. The standard shell use on the carrera and a wider one used on the 4s and gt3 models. I assume turbo too.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
If someone really wants 4 seats, a Carrera or Turbo makes more sense. Getting all the bits for a car that isn't made for them, plus insurance and registration hassles make it all too hard. Most (all probably) GT3 owners will have other cars to carry the family anyway.

I don't think anyone would buy a 911 as the only car to cart the family around in; but occasional rear seats would be an advantage to a lot of people. Wouldn't cost Porsche much to do as an option I would have thought and it might open the car up to a larger potential audience.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

They have 2 shells from memory. The standard shell use on the carrera and a wider one used on the 4s and gt3 models. I assume turbo too.

So those models in the large shell have back seats. It would cost more to delete the brackets for the GT3 than to just leave them in unused.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So those models in the large shell have back seats. It would cost more to delete the brackets for the GT3 than to just leave them in unused.

The 997.2 had no rear seatbelt mounting brackets.

I agree it would make sense for Porsche to offer rear seats as an option. It doesn't make as much sense for a punter to stick them in afterwards. The 2 cars I've seen (997.1 GT3) with aftermarket rear seats looked shite.

Offline dkabab

The cabin size is identical. It's just the flared rear end that makes it wider.

Actually I got it wrong. The gt3 is a normal shell, the RS was the wider shell.

One characteristic of the new RS is the body, which is 44 mm (1.7 in) wider at the rear (a legacy from the Carrera 4 models with which it shares its shell) by comparison with the 911 GT3. The muscular-looking rear end conceals a wider track that not only improves directional stability but also increases the potential cornering grip of the two-seater coupe. On the other hand, drag is increased, and top speed reduced.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Doesn't 991 have 3 sizes? Carrera 2, Carrera 4/GT3 and Turbo?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

So what's the hot tip for the coming RS ? They don't seem to have left themselves much room for model differentiation?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The turbo rear seats are virtually unusable for anyone above the age of 10. 

retro-fitting seats would be a legal nightmare unless they have engineering clearance. 

regardless, I dont see the point.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
JS did it to his gt3 at wilkshire motor trimmers.

I use the rear seats all the time in the turbo

Perfect to roll wiv all me bitches.  :D

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
JS did it to his gt3 at wilkshire motor trimmers.

I use the rear seats all the time in the turbo

Perfect to roll wiv all me bitches.  :D

Cat or dogs?