Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
lets hope it's soon and gets more use than the turbo

last time I drove it was Broken Hill

I find these comments rude and offensive..... get out there for a drive or you're BANNED!!!  :D

Offline jamesatfish

I've not driven a PDK 911 with paddle shifters, so maybe this is old news, but the press info says left-paddle for up and right-paddle for down?

Is that not completely unintuitive? Every other paddle shift car I've encountered works the opposite way?!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I've not driven a PDK 911 with paddle shifters, so maybe this is old news, but the press info says left-paddle for up and right-paddle for down?

Is that not completely unintuitive? Every other paddle shift car I've encountered works the opposite way?!

Correct

It's entirely different, yet looks exactly the same...

Imagine that!

Offline NBTBRV8

It is about time Porsche fixed it and I am glad they have.  BMW have been doing it that way for years, the same with their SMG shifters.  It is the most logical way of doing it.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve

That was my first thought, too...  :confused: :doh:

Offline jamesatfish

Correct

It's entirely different, yet looks exactly the same...

Imagine that!

Righto.  So a 991 Carrera S PDK will change up a gear if you pull the right paddle, but a 991 GT3 will change down if you pull the right paddle.

How can a company whose engineers can screw 475hp out of a naturally aspirated flat 6 not realise that this is a stupid decision??

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Righto.  So a 991 Carrera S PDK will change up a gear if you pull the right paddle, but a 991 GT3 will change down if you pull the right paddle.

How can a company whose engineers can screw 475hp out of a naturally aspirated flat 6 not realise that this is a stupid decision??

Don't ask me.

I only scramble or poach em.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Typo perhaps?  It doesn't make sense.  Most buyers will have a car or two with paddles in their garage.  It would be a spectacular own goal by Porsche if true.  The same press release also referred to the gearbox as the DPK at one point.

Re the centre shifter, it would be great if manufacturers would standardise the action require to change gears.  Let's hope this bit is true.

Offline Marcus G

Do like. Pistonheads is saying right will be to shift up, and left down.

Correcting an earlier press pack mistake we can clarify the paddles are right for up, left for down and the selector follows race car protocol with back for up, forward for down in the 'proper' fashion.