Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Just to add my 2c worth....I would own a Porsche GT3 (preferably the new model or 997.2) over any current model Ferrari or Lamborghini.

P.S. This new model is absolutely spectacular :melting:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Dripping on the floor of your work shop from them
indeed it is

But you should see in the Porsche workshop 200m down the road....

Enough to scare you into Ferrari ownership in a heartbeat...

• Soap Dodger

Just to add my 2c worth....I would own a Porsche GT3 (preferably the new model or 997.2) over any current model Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Why?

Performance wise theres very little in it.

Is it an image thing?

Or scared of running costs?

Or what?

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus

I'm certainly not an exotic car owner but I have experienced a fair share of them to grasp an idea of what owning a particular one might be like and I'd agree with you completely.

FF you say that Porsche doesn't offer 'soul' but in my opinion they offer every bit as much soul as a Ferrari or Lamborghini would, it is just a different type of soul. The feeling you get from driving a Porsche, particularly a GT3 is so unique to every other exotic, that in its own right is enough to give the car soul. It's just a different type of character to Ferrari and Lamborghini equivalents. 

Offline M308

• Degranged

Why?

Performance wise theres very little in it.

Is it an image thing?

Or scared of running costs?

Or what?
I've always dreamed of owning a Porsche, ever since I laid eyes on the 959 when I was a youngster.

To me, the GT3 is ultimate street & track car, which suits my driving enjoyments, even though I don't get out to the track much these days.

I don't want to offend Ferrai owners in this comment, but I see 99% of Ferrari & Lamborghini owners as pure show ponies......you know who the few 1%ers are ;)

I have followed a certain GT3 RS many times on some "spirited" driving adventures over the years, and have never been bored listening to or looking at it, and how it's just permanently glued to the road.

Owning a Ferrari has never really been on my radar......but still a car that I admire greatly though :)

• Soap Dodger

So, a 360 CS or 430 scud for you GT3 fanbois...

I agree with show pony comment.

But your % are out.

I'd say 25% are show ponies.

Offline M308

• Degranged

So, a 360 CS or 430 scud for you GT3 fanbois...
Yeah, I've seen the build quality on those.....Scud, not as bad as the CS. GT3 for build quality, anyday!

• Soap Dodger

Yeah, I've seen the build quality on those.....Scud, not as bad as the CS. GT3 for build quality, anyday!

Pah! Quality schmolity!

Silver 360CS..... Ahhhh the noise,  combined with some subtlety from colour....

The rarity and the acoustics!

I'd love to flog a GT3 around a winding road.... but given a lucky dip key grab,  I'd hope to get the CS or scud keys for the same trip....

Offline M308

• Degranged

I wish I could give some 1st hand experienced words on all 3, but only a handful of people on here could.

Offline app

I'll add to this. If I was given the choice to own one exotic car in my life, I would pick a Porsche GT3 any day of the week.

Although I do have fairly early memories, one of my early memories that really fueled my love for Porsches is watching the Porsche 911 964 Turbo 3.6 in Bad Boys. I have to watch the movie over again to watch it in action :faint:

All jokes aside about their looks, I always turn to look when I see a Porsche, I've always loved them all my life and to me they are beautiful machines :thumbsup: