Offline kaitan

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have recently put down a deposit for a 996 GT3 Speed Yellow in Melbourne.

Can anyone tell me whether they know this car? If so what is the history? Do you think the mileage is high for the nature of the car? Interior looks immaculate though in terms of wear and tear?

http://www.lorbek.com.au/recent_sales/view/lorbek_recent_sales/2004_Porsche_911_996_GT3_Yellow_6_Speed_Manual_Coupe/8959064/

Thanks

Offline NBTBRV8

I don't know the car, but it is probably higher than the norm for a 996.  Get a Porsche dealer to do a over-revs (ignition cycle) readout so you can see if (and when) it has been over reved.  Not all cars will be though, my 70,000k 997 which I just sold didn't have any, but it was a daily driver.

Offline kaitan

I don't know the car, but it is probably higher than the norm for a 996.  Get a Porsche dealer to do a over-revs (ignition cycle) readout so you can see if (and when) it has been over reved.  Not all cars will be though, my 70,000k 997 which I just sold didn't have any, but it was a daily driver.

Are u based in melbourne? Do you know how much does the PPI cost? Initially I was looking at a car in SA and Porsche Adelaide was going to charged $550 for PPI but that does not include compression test?

How much is a fair price for the speed yellow comfort. Initially it was asking for $100k

How is it like as a daily driver's car?

Offline Alpinem3e92

A friend sold his speed yellow 04 GT3 to PCM earlier this year, they had it listed iirc for $130k (they bought it off him for ~$100k). It's not the car you are looking at however, his had ceramics brakes and had only travelled about 3000ks, it was a gem!

Based on milage alone, it's to exy IMO.

Offline kaitan

A friend sold his speed yellow 04 GT3 to PCM earlier this year, they had it listed iirc for $130k (they bought it off him for ~$100k). It's not the car you are looking at however, his had ceramics brakes and had only travelled about 3000ks, it was a gem!

Based on milage alone, it's to exy IMO.

wow 3000km on the lock only!!! garage queen~!!! I guess the prices of these cars a holding it's value.

The speed yellow is a very unique colour!!

Offline Alpinem3e92

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

Offline kaitan

Yep, 3 0 0 0 ks

Did he even track the car??

I mean the one at Lobek looks immaculate too interior wise.

Offline Ruskee

I can't open the lorbeck link from your post but I recall seeing a couple of yellow 996 gt3 on car sales lately.

100k would be fair for an original emaculate late mark II car with lowish km which hasn't been raced too hard. There are quite a few for sale and some of them have been around for ages so I'm sure good cars could be got cheaper.

The above advice around getting the over revs checked out is sound.

Can be driven daily but probably not as user freindly as a 997 gt3 with a front lift thingy. It depends really what your accustomed too as "comfortable ". If it's an bmw 7 series you'd be disappointed. Coming from a f360 I found gt3 very liveable as a daily/regular drive.

Offline kaitan

I can't open the lorbeck link from your post but I recall seeing a couple of yellow 996 gt3 on car sales lately.

100k would be fair for an original emaculate late mark II car with lowish km which hasn't been raced too hard. There are quite a few for sale and some of them have been around for ages so I'm sure good cars could be got cheaper.

The above advice around getting the over revs checked out is sound.

Can be driven daily but probably not as user freindly as a 997 gt3 with a front lift thingy. It depends really what your accustomed too as "comfortable ". If it's an bmw 7 series you'd be disappointed. Coming from a f360 I found gt3 very liveable as a daily/regular drive.

Try this link. http://prod.varnish.varnish.cp1.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/D_3416733/used-2004-PORSCHE-911-GT3-996-Manual-Premium-Unleaded-Coupe-in-PORT-MELBOURNE,-VIC.html

This unit has 82000km on it but the interior doesn't show that it's been abused