Offline kaitan

The unit at lobek is now under the recent sold section.

Offline Alpinem3e92

That thing is mint.

It was Fil, he only kept the car for about 6 months then just sold it to PCM. It was purchased from Classic and prestige over your way. David had sold the car when new whilst he worked at PCA. PCM did a service on it and removed the lowering coils and noisier-than-stock exhaust, they said it was THE best 996 they'd seen.

I should have bought it, but picked up my clk bs instead.

Offline Ruskee

A friend sold his speed yellow 04 GT3 to PCM earlier this year, they had it listed iirc for $130k (they bought it off him for ~$100k). It's not the car you are looking at however, his had ceramics brakes and had only travelled about 3000ks, it was a gem!

Based on milage alone, it's to exy IMO.

Wow!  I wish that had been around when I was looking.

Offline kaitan

It was Fil, he only kept the car for about 6 months then just sold it to PCM. It was purchased from Classic and prestige over your way. David had sold the car when new whilst he worked at PCA. PCM did a service on it and removed the lowering coils and noisier-than-stock exhaust, they said it was THE best 996 they'd seen.

I should have bought it, but picked up my clk bs instead.

hahaha still not too late to sell the CLK BS and get a gt3 :P

Offline kaitan

I know this is a little bit off topic, but would you think the 996 GT3 will be the next collectors item?

Offline Alpinem3e92

hahaha still not too late to sell the CLK BS and get a gt3 :P

The black is for sale lol, I've ordered a Renalt Megane RS275 Trophy R (the worlds longest car name). It arrives mid/late Jane, black with red wheels and red stripes hahaha

Offline NBTBRV8

The PPI price would be about right, from memory when I had one done in 2010 it cost about $450.  It is worth doing as it is an independent assessment when buying out of a dealer network.  And for $500 on a $100K purchase you'd be silly not to.

I don't follow 996 prices, but I would have thought it would be worth mid 80s.

Offline Alpinem3e92

I know this is a little bit off topic, but would you think the 996 GT3 will be the next collectors item?

IMO, yes, but only for an RS.

Offline Ruskee

I know I'm very biased but I think they represent massive value for money at the moment. For 80 to 100k I'm not sure there's much out there that will beat it for fun factor and reliability. Whether or not that will translate into collectibility and price appreciation will have to be seen. I'm accustomed to be assualted with a rubber truncheon and a jar of Vaseline come trade in time so it will be refreshing if they do hold value.

Offline kaitan

I know I'm very biased but I think they represent massive value for money at the moment. For 80 to 100k I'm not sure there's much out there that will beat it for fun factor and reliability. Whether or not that will translate into collectibility and price appreciation will have to be seen. I'm accustomed to be assualted with a rubber truncheon and a jar of Vaseline come trade in time so it will be refreshing if they do hold value.

Yes i guess in the UK I've been following GT Porsche mag stating that the 996 gt3 market have yet to realise the rarity of this cars.