Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
ok, I thought he hit the wall pretty hard, but can't remember which side, or which corner of the track.

I thought the whole one side of the car was damaged?

I heard it was t boned at the front at an intersection

But I could be wrong was a while ago

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

All I know is that the front got damaged, The seller and a few other people told me it was from an off at QR, never heard of any road accidents.

My lotus did have that though, some guy ran a red light and cleaned me up :(

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

All I know is that the front got damaged, The seller and a few other people told me it was from an off at QR, never heard of any road accidents.

My lotus did have that though, some guy ran a red light and cleaned me up :(

To looked many cars at  :rolleyes:

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

funny how a lot of crashes happen at the first intersection from a race track.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

funny how a lot of crashes happen at the first intersection from a race track.

Black spots all of them.

Offline Cooch

• Drives: 997 Carrera S
I'd been looking for a good, low km's, not much track work 996.1 or 996.2 for about a year now and with no real success.   A lot of the low mileage cars have been specifically play/track day cars with lots of high rev work and load put through the chassis and also dubious service history, modifications etc.  Finding a good one [one owner, reasonable km's and no track work is very difficult now].  Given this, I would say finding a good example would make it a collectible these days.  Some of the better 996.2 examples are quite high in price and take you squarely into 997 S territory - which is where I ended up. 

I ended up buying a "GTS" spec'd 997 S - aerokit, lowered sport suspension, carbon bucket seats, short shift, power pack, sports chrono, bi xenon, manual box on 19"s, with very low mileage, one owner and in mint condition with warranty from Porsche - for the same money as a GT3 996.1 or 996.2...  I think I did ok and have a much better daily driver*...

That's my 5c

* daily driver = air con, cruise control, bose stereo, sun roof, navigation... :D
Only through imperfection do you get perfection.

Offline kaitan

I'd been looking for a good, low km's, not much track work 996.1 or 996.2 for about a year now and with no real success.   A lot of the low mileage cars have been specifically play/track day cars with lots of high rev work and load put through the chassis and also dubious service history, modifications etc.  Finding a good one [one owner, reasonable km's and no track work is very difficult now].  Given this, I would say finding a good example would make it a collectible these days.  Some of the better 996.2 examples are quite high in price and take you squarely into 997 S territory - which is where I ended up. 

I ended up buying a "GTS" spec'd 997 S - aerokit, lowered sport suspension, carbon bucket seats, short shift, power pack, sports chrono, bi xenon, manual box on 19"s, with very low mileage, one owner and in mint condition with warranty from Porsche - for the same money as a GT3 996.1 or 996.2...  I think I did ok and have a much better daily driver...

That's my 5c

Hi Cooch,

I'm thinking the same too like the prices of a 996.2 gt3 for the same price or even some change back you can get a turbo 996. But it's still not a GT3 if you know what I mean. Unfortunately the I can't have a slice and eat the cake too. So I was torn between being rare and Special vs comfort and Daily driver. I decided to go for rare and special as I won't be driving the car on a daily basis. And hopefully in few years the price will either remain the same or the price will go up :D

Offline Cooch

Hi Cooch,

I'm thinking the same too like the prices of a 996.2 gt3 for the same price or even some change back you can get a turbo 996. But it's still not a GT3 if you know what I mean. Unfortunately the I can't have a slice and eat the cake too. So I was torn between being rare and Special vs comfort and Daily driver. I decided to go for rare and special as I won't be driving the car on a daily basis. And hopefully in few years the price will either remain the same or the price will go up :D

Ha, I was thinking and looking at all the same things you are.  A 996 Turbo was also on my radar - my previous ride being a 930 turbo.  I'll stay tuned on what you end up with.  Yeah, nothing like a GT3 - I've driven a few great ones! :D  So stay on it I reckon. 

Offline Cooch

Also, just so you know, my 3.8L Carrera S in sports mode - Does not sound anything like a Metzger engine - even at full scream.  Those GT3 motors are something else :D

Offline kaitan

Ha, I was thinking and looking at all the same things you are.  A 996 Turbo was also on my radar - my previous ride being a 930 turbo.  I'll stay tuned on what you end up with.  Yeah, nothing like a GT3 - I've driven a few great ones! :D  So stay on it I reckon.

:D Did u regret not going fo the gt3 compared to your 997? I mean how have the price change since you were last looking?? Gt3 retains it's value?? I've been told by a few that the gt3 prices have gone up slightly?