Offline kaitan

In the UK they are beginning to appreciate in value already. If Australia cars don't start increasing I think a few will be heading overseas soon. I think the Series 1 cars are the pick of the bunch simply due to the low numbers produced and been a more raw car. The RS will always be collectable.

However I wouldn't be buying anything for investment or collection purposes at the moment - just for enjoyment. Someone posted up some late 80's or early 90's car prices pre bubble and the prices for some cars is only just beginning to hit the same dollar value - that's not taking into account 30+ years of inflation. Buyer beware in this hyped up market.

I hear what you said but isn't the mk2 exactly the same as mk 1 just better ??

Bigger brakes slightly more powerful and it has LSD (which mk1 doesn't have I believe) and the shape looks slightly better.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
my 996 GT3 was the best car i've ever owned.

it was heavily modified and I daily drove it for about a year with no problems.

Mileage on this one is higher than most GT3's but that doesnt mean anything depending on how it's driven GT3's are bulletproof for the most part. 

Looks very tidy, just pull those horrible stripes off it and enjoy it :D

Offline looney

I hear what you said but isn't the mk2 exactly the same as mk 1 just better ??

yup basically just not as ugly.

however that said, the MKI GT3 is about the only dropped egg headlamp 911 worth buying.

Offline kaitan

Mileage on this one is higher than most GT3's but that doesnt mean anything depending on how it's driven GT3's are bulletproof for the most part. 

Hahaha yes I've been told that they only recently put the decal up can be removed it wanted too.

What have u done with your 996 gt3? yours is mk1 or 2?

Offline looney

I had a MKII in Atlas Grey.

It had reversed Struts, larger swaybars, diff gears, remap, RS air intake, plus a whole heap of stuff I didnt even know about.

It was turbo quick, at the 1/4 mile drags my mate with a 500+ Twin Turbo was only 1/10th of a second quicker.

I sold it to a guy in Perth who put a heap of tacky crap on it, and then sold it on to another guy who was on here briefly, who has now also sold it. So that car must be on its 7th owner now.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

were you ever told it had a major shunt at QR?

Offline looney

were you ever told it had a major shunt at QR?

I know it had damage to the front left (or was it right??) and the quarter panel got smashed, but nothing structural.  I've got some pics around here somewhere.

Offline kaitan

I had a MKII in Atlas Grey.

It had reversed Struts, larger swaybars, diff gears, remap, RS air intake, plus a whole heap of stuff I didnt even know about.

It was turbo quick, at the 1/4 mile drags my mate with a 500+ Twin Turbo was only 1/10th of a second quicker.

I sold it to a guy in Perth who put a heap of tacky crap on it, and then sold it on to another guy who was on here briefly, who has now also sold it. So that car must be on its 7th owner now.

Such a rare colour!! I did look at one with 2 owners club sport in NSW but it had 105,000km. The second owner had it for 14 months and he has tracked the car about 4-6 times worst thing is that the owner(also a private car dealer) did not service the car at all. So I'd assume that he bought the car at wholesale for himself then decided to track the car and then sell the car once he had his fun without take car of the car. But atlas grey is truely special! The car is now sold just last week initially asking for $85k Don't know what was the sale price at the end.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I know it had damage to the front left (or was it right??) and the quarter panel got smashed, but nothing structural.  I've got some pics around here somewhere.
ok, I thought he hit the wall pretty hard, but can't remember which side, or which corner of the track.

I thought the whole one side of the car was damaged?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

ok, I thought he hit the wall pretty hard, but can't remember which side, or which corner of the track.

I thought the whole one side of the car was damaged?
:scratchchin: