Offline jandk

Hi guys - i'm a bit of a newbie around here! I've got a question (that may well have already been asked) but if you could have a new 2008 Audi TT Roadster 2.0 or a 2006/2007 less than 5000km Porsche Boxster 2.7L....what would you go for?

I've been driving a MK5 Golf GTI for the past couple years and have peruaded my wife to let me buy a new toy - i can't justify (to her or myself) going all out and buying a new boxster for $120+ but have always loved them and have had a few test drives and can't get over the way they drive and the amazing sound of the engine right behind you.

I'm really stuck though, i keep coming back to the finish and extras of the TT but then flip right back to the brilliance of the porsche and the rock solid re-sale value and the fact that it's a porsche (i like that i can see maybe 1 for every 5 TTs on the road) and with the GTI having the same engine i'm sort of keen for a change.

Thanks guys, appreciate your thoughts.

Offline waz356

Have you driven the TT? You really need to drive them back to back to see the difference. The Boxter is a LOT better car on the road than the TT but like everything, it depends on what you like.

Oh, and the resale is better on the Boxter too - if that's a consideration. My $0.02c (and you get what you pay for)

Offline jandk

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest i've only driven the coupe TT and it felt a whole lot like my GTI which is another reason i'm prefering the boxster.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Have you driven the TT? You really need to drive them back to back to see the difference. The Boxter is a LOT better car on the road than the TT but like everything, it depends on what you like.

Oh, and the resale is better on the Boxter too - if that's a consideration. My $0.02c (and you get what you pay for)

i think you've overvalued yourself :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline jandk

i think you've overvalued yourself :)

explain...? i think i'd agree that a boxster should hold much better than a TT roadster? and re-sale is something that's important to me.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
explain...? i think i'd agree that a boxster should hold much better than a TT roadster? and re-sale is something that's important to me.

sorry pal...was just a joke to waz.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline waz356