Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This is the brand new Porsche Macan, formerly known as the Porsche Cajun. The baby-Cayenne is planned as a competitor to the current BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Range Rover Evoque. The 2013 model will be introduced soon and will roll of the Leipzig production line next year.

Expected engines will range from a 3.0 liter diesel engine producing 240bhp and 550Nm of torque to a choice between a 2.0 liter TFSI and a supercharged 3.0 liter petrol engine producing 333bhp.

The exact release is unknown at this stage. The Geneva Motor Show starting next month could be a good option for the German car maker, but is unknown if the Germans will release the smaller Cayenne – named after the Indonesian name for tiger – at the annual Swiss event.

SOURCE GT SPIRIT

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrZfR2aaRk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrZfR2aaRk</a>
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

:scratchchin: It's easy on the eyes, this could be interesting.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

:scratchchin: It's easy on the eyes, this could be interesting.

It'll clean up. The market is moving to smaller, more stylish SUV's and Porsche's brand cachet will do the rest.

Offline Joel

I like it and if they make a turbo version I may even consider it!!

Offline Neru

sounds like a fancier version of the q5

the q5 already comes in a 3.0TDI and 2.0TFSI engine, the one to looks out for is the rsq3 which has the 5 cylinder 2.5T engine found in the TT-RS and RS3

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It'll clean up. The market is moving to smaller, more stylish SUV's and Porsche's brand cachet will do the rest.

Um, perhaps not.  See pic below for reason for change of mind.   :doh:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/282772/porsche_macan_spied.html 

1q2w3e4r

Have an order in for one of these, Porsche seem to think it'll be priced in the mid $80k bracket so they should move a heap of them.

I'd expect news around engines and the like over the next few months, scarce information available locally although it seems to be a given that there is a twin turbo varient.

Offline JBO

latest render....Larson (the illustrator who did these) is usually pretty accurate with his drawings.

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline JBO

latest render....Larson (the illustrator who did these) is usually pretty accurate with his drawings.

for some reason these links no longer work so here are the renders again...