Offline ckbag

Interested in having a go in their courses.

just wanted to know what kind of experiences people have had with them.

do you have to start from level 1? or can you skip some levels?

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
You need to start from Level 1 if you plan to progress to the GT3's - Mt Cotton is a fantastic facility Tomas Mezera runs the courses and starting at level 1 with basic car control, skid pan, braking and steering techniques is a course everyone should do even if its just too get your eye in. If you are planning to do the Cup course and you need to do the 4 advanced courses before you can progress to this.

Offline NBTBRV8

I've done the first 3 levels and it is a good day.  If you already have some track experience you really don't start getting tangible tuition until level 3, the earlier levels are more about the "Porsche experience" with a token bit of tuition thrown in.  I would like to do level 4, unfortunately it is $3.5K.

Offline ckbag

had a look at their website/brochure in detail. the first 2 levels seem to be basic/advance drivers training but not necessarily related to tracking.... the cost is a a bit high considering you can do similar courses at fraction of the cost?

ive read good things about the courses but would be good to be able to skip some of the earlier levels considering some people would have previous tracking experience+completed other driving courses.

what kind of cars do you get to drive in the first 3 levels? in the brochure it states 911 or boxster. iam hoping for the former then the latter lol

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
That's the problem with most of these courses, they don't allow those with quantifiable experience to start at higher levels.
I did the first Ferrari driving course the factory offered way back in 1994 at Mugello. The course was very basic and tailored to absolute track novices. Whilst it was interesting to drive the latest V8's and V12's at such a great circuit, most of the time it was frustrating to amble along behind a pace car who limited speeds to the slowest in the group. The course was full of Americans who received the course for free when they bought a new car, including a couple of bored Beverly Hills housewives. Not exactly speed junkies.

Ferrari now have some top courses including racing at Fiorano in Challenge cars. Would love to try that; but not if I have to go through
4 or more levels of stuff before I am allowed. Courses are expensive too, last time I looked over $10k each. So $50k+ to get to the course I am interested in? No thanks !

Best course I ever did was Bob Bondurant advanced driving in Arizona. That was incredible and I learned more in a couple of days there than all other courses put together.

Offline mtarone

Best course I ever did was Bob Bondurant advanced driving in Arizona. That was incredible and I learned more in a couple of days there than all other courses put together.

I went for a drive in a ZR1 with one of the guys from Bondurant driving school in Vegas a few weeks ago. I grabbed a brochure but haven't looked closely at it yet.

Perhaps we should add this as an event for those who'd be interested in the US driving trip?

Offline NBTBRV8

had a look at their website/brochure in detail. the first 2 levels seem to be basic/advance drivers training but not necessarily related to tracking.... the cost is a a bit high considering you can do similar courses at fraction of the cost?

ive read good things about the courses but would be good to be able to skip some of the earlier levels considering some people would have previous tracking experience+completed other driving courses.

what kind of cars do you get to drive in the first 3 levels? in the brochure it states 911 or boxster. iam hoping for the former then the latter lol

You get to drive just about every variant bar the GT3 in levels 1 & 2.  In Level 3 you get 3 laps in a GT3, then in level 4 you only drive the GT3.  You can jump levels I think if you have done a similar course .

Offline ckbag

Ferrari now have some top courses including racing at Fiorano in Challenge cars. Would love to try that; but not if I have to go through
4 or more levels of stuff before I am allowed. Courses are expensive too, last time I looked over $10k each. So $50k+ to get to the course I am interested in? No thanks !

lol yeah
the reason we want to have a go at the driving school is because of Ice force which has the pre-requisit of having done all 5 levels which would cost 15k...... hopefully can skip the first 2 levels :P

Offline Barry911

I managed to skip level 1 as I did a few BMW driver training courses in Syd and Phillip Island, VIC.   I didnt mind starting at level 2 as I had never driven a 911 before so wanted to get familiar with the handling, dynamics etc etc .. a great experience and I'm now looking at level 4 (Master) - even though with rumours of a PDK based GT3 I might just hold off until the end of next year when they are likley to land in Aus

Offline dl1980

• Drives: Porsche Cayman S
U dont need to do the first 2. Just tell them you have had track experience. i have done the first 4 levels. (3 and 4 twice). One of my mates came once with me and started on 3. Def worth doing. Level 4 is by far the best. the first 3 are a bit tame..