PDK
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I believe so. And here is my logic.

Once the gt3 is a few years old and no longer competitive (speed wise) to the latest greatest models available, used examples will end up going to enthusiasts.

They will likely be people who prefer 3 pedals,

Or be people who cannot necessarily afford a new car, in turn they will be more price sensitive and manual gearboxes are a cheaper prospect for maintenance than a PDK.

Those are my 2 theories.

Here is another theory...

Given that we all know purist prefer to drive a manual as this is the way they were taught.

What happens when they all get to old to drive an appreciate these cars??

Then they all end up turning in Pless and Co wanting a PDK.

Then the balance of humans are a bunch of gen Y little fucks that can't drive a manual either.

Just a thought.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

Given that we all know purist prefer to drive a manual as this is the way they were taught.

Then the balance of humans are a bunch of gen Y little fucks that can't drive a manual either.

Just a thought.

Then driving a manual will eventually become cool again, like vinyl records!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Just a thought.

Very valid,   and I have had concerns as to what happens when I got so old I can't drive a manual.  But truth be told once EV's progress to the masses I think they will encroach in performance cars and people who want dinosaur burning cars will still want the dinosaur way IMO.

If you then need an auto chances are you would likely get your performance EV

But who knows if we had a crystal ball we wouldn't be here talking crap about cars,  we would be sitting on the back of a superyacht having someone fetch us our jetski while getting massages from Victoria secret models.

Offline charliekay

My spec would be manual, but it depends what the purpose of the car is. My GT4 is my weekend / occasional track toy (non-competitive, just social fun stuff). I don't take it to through the city or go anywhere near traffic. Will always be out on a nice country road or race track. Manual is perfect for this, and I am fairly young so not really thinking about not being about to drive anytime soon.

I had done 2 track days in the last week, during both I have made minor mistakes that have stuffed up my gearing, or caused me to miss a gear because it put me off. To me this makes the whole driving experience a lot more enjoyable.

If I wanted to do competitive or timed racing then I would get PDK, but then again if I wanted to do competitive stuff I could buy a car for 1/2 the price, put a little bit of $ into make myself as better driver and have alot of change left over.

Offline E7ITE

If less manuals will end up being made, then they'll be harder to find, thus pushing up values or making them more desirable in the long term. 

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I voted manual. I'm enjoying using the gearbox in the R. It adds to the involvement. Even around town it's great. The PDK is faster but that's not the issue for me. A Turbo or a McLaren is also faster. It's about enjoying the driving experience.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I voted manual. I'm enjoying using the gearbox in the R. It adds to the involvement. Even around town it's great. The PDK is faster but that's not the issue for me. A Turbo or a McLaren is also faster. It's about enjoying the driving experience.

AMEN !!!!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Yes; but you're a bit "special" Mark.  The only bloke I know who takes advantage of an empty nest by popping out for a quick drive, and finds himself in Darwin  :D

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

interesting

I might need to drive a more modern car, I don't see the need for a car faster than a 997 gt3 in a manual.
you are moving that fast on the road that you don't have time for it all so the pdk makes since for me.

I ticked the pdk

Mark Question

if you could only have 1 weekend sports car. PDK or Manual gt3 ???

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

interesting

I might need to drive a more modern car, I don't see the need for a car faster than a 997 gt3 in a manual.
you are moving that fast on the road that you don't have time for it all so the pdk makes since for me.

I ticked the pdk

Mark Question

if you could only have 1 weekend sports car. PDK or Manual gt3 ???

I'd be happy with either but I'd go for the manual.