13 (50%)
PDK
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I voted manual. I'm enjoying using the gearbox in the R. It adds to the involvement. Even around town it's great. The PDK is faster but that's not the issue for me. A Turbo or a McLaren is also faster. It's about enjoying the driving experience.

Sure driving it around Adelaide would be a breeze.

Try taking it down Punt Rd!

No thanks.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline NBTBRV8

I voted manual. I'm enjoying using the gearbox in the R. It adds to the involvement. Even around town it's great. The PDK is faster but that's not the issue for me. A Turbo or a McLaren is also faster. It's about enjoying the driving experience.

+1.  For the road a manual is more engaging,  if used predominantly on track then you would be chasing times and without doubt PDK is technically better and faster.

I have no issues driving a manual in the CBD, it is just second nature and if you enjoy driving then you'd agree.  It is only if you find driving a hassle at that point in time would you yearn for the least amount of effort which PDK gives you.

Offline TRS4

No thanks.

Haha looks like I'll be the test mule on said road Aaron as I've ordered the manual option.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

No thanks.

HTFU LaLa boy. :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
+1.  For the road a manual is more engaging,  if used predominantly on track then you would be chasing times and without doubt PDK is technically better and faster.

I have no issues driving a manual in the CBD, it is just second nature and if you enjoy driving then you'd agree.  It is only if you find driving a hassle at that point in time would you yearn for the least amount of effort which PDK gives you.

I wonder if you would feel the same way if you didn't live in Hobart (does it even have peak hour traffic ?) and had another car in the garage that was more suited to CBD type driving. I reckon that if you lived in Sydney or Melbourne you would never opt for the manual car for suburban driving.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I wonder if you would feel the same way if you didn't live in Hobart (does it even have peak hour traffic ?) and had another car in the garage that was more suited to CBD type driving. I reckon that if you lived in Sydney or Melbourne you would never opt for the manual car for suburban driving.
Hobart's peak hour is from 5:05 pm to 5:12 pm, it's bedlam on the road.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Haha looks like I'll be the test mule on said road Aaron as I've ordered the manual option.

Of course you did!

They are very enticing!

The ideal would be a turbo S for daily and a GT3.2 for Manual for weekends.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I don't get it...buy a car with the latest in technology in every aspect, then put in a manual gearbox when there's a far superior and technologically advanced option?

If you want old school, get old school.

I love my car. Buy your own

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I don't get it...buy a car with the latest in technology in every aspect, then put in a manual gearbox when there's a far superior and technologically advanced option?

If you want old school, get old school.

perhaps someone wants a new car, but doesnt like all the bells and whistles.

I know when I purchased my last new car, i was disappointed with all the crap that it does that I dont want. It's just more things to go wrong. I dont need the car to hold my handbrake on the hill, or fold the mirrors automatically, integrate every aspect of the cars operation into the stereo etc etc.

Some people enjoy a more authentic driving experience but want a new car, those things are unfortunately mutually exclusive these days.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
those things are unfortunately mutually exclusive these days.

Very true
I love my car. Buy your own