Offline NBTBRV8

So the speculation seems to be increasing that there will be an RS version, however the caveat seems to be it all hinges off the one media outlet's report.  My guess is that it will be circa $255k plus ORC.

Who would be interested in putting their name down for one?  Would you want a manual or PDK given the choice?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'd have one. Probably manual. With must have options, I'd be guessing it'll be well over $300K.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I'd have one. Probably manual. With must have options, I'd be guessing it'll be well over $300K.

10 GT4's on carsales, low specced ones creeping to sub 200K.

I regret not begging you for a passenger ride in Tassie! My test drive didn't light my wick, should have sat in one being used properly.
C'mon, do it!

Offline NBTBRV8

Speculatively speaking, do you think it would justify being a 300k plus car?  That starts to get to be a lot of coin especially for a Cayman.  But having said that I think it would be better value than say a M4 GTS for the same money.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Speculatively speaking, do you think it would justify being a 300k plus car?  That starts to get to be a lot of coin especially for a Cayman.  But having said that I think it would be better value than say a M4 GTS for the same money.

The key is rarity. Something good that's hard to get can command silly money. The RS is a model that's begging to be built. The GT4 is a lovely thing to drive but with a great engine and a harder RS-style chassis , it would be incredible.

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
didnt M4GTS sold for $295k +OTR on the basis of just 700 units worldwide?
Do you know how many GT4's are made in total?

Offline NBTBRV8

Yes it was about that and by most Accounts it isn't that good a drive.  I don't know how many GT4s were made, but I believe 160 came here.  And as MHH inferred, they held their value well until supply increased making them more readily available.   So maybe PCA will limit the allocation to say around 60-80 to ensure demand and value.

I think around 100 GT3 RSs came here.

Offline TJB

I know that Australia got 25 of the M4 GTS's at $295k + OTR each

Unsure about the Cayman GT4 but I thought I saw posted on here a while back it was around the 150 mark? Initially we were only meant to get 70

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Yes it was about that and by most Accounts it isn't that good a drive.  I don't know how many GT4s were made, but I believe 160 came here.  And as MHH inferred, they held their value well until supply increased making them more readily available.   So maybe PCA will limit the allocation to say around 60-80 to ensure demand and value.

I think around 100 GT3 RSs came here.

100 GT3 RS's of the latest massive winged and vented model?
C'mon, do it!