Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

What else is there for someone coming off their M5 lease? Yes, it costs more but most people in this segment upgrade and spend more when changing anyway. The Panamera Turbo is surely the new king of the sports sedan market.

CL63 would be a nice upgrade from an M5 too. Not as quick as the Pan-T (0.2s slower?) but still a practical 4 seater uber luxury sports sedan at the same price category as the Pan-T.

Speaking for my self, I can't see me trading up to an Uber Sports Sedan for that kind of $$. Happy to buy another circa $250k Uber Sports Sedan as the M5 replacement though, but you are right that there's nothing else in that category aside from the upcoming E-class AMG...

hmm.. 2 Porsches in the garage... what is the world coming too  :doh:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

CL63 isn't in the hunt. Not quick enough and not sporty enough. Same with the E63. Nothing will touch the Pan T.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
CL63 would be a nice upgrade from an M5 too. Not as quick as the Pan-T (0.2s slower?) but still a practical 4 seater uber luxury sports sedan at the same price category as the Pan-T.

Speaking for my self, I can't see me trading up to an Uber Sports Sedan for that kind of $$. Happy to buy another circa $250k Uber Sports Sedan as the M5 replacement though, but you are right that there's nothing else in that category aside from the upcoming E-class AMG...

Damn. Someone used the word Uber in a sentance more times than me.   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline YSS

4 doors and 4 seats are no where near the same thing
if 4 doors wherent a requirement, id have bought a bentley GT no question.  similar $ to CL63 and a much nicer car
the Pan-T wins for 2 reasons
1. usable power.. in a word TRACTION.  ive launched an M5 with LC and went sideways for all of first gear and part of second.. and i have never been able to drive a very powerul benz "hard" because the TC light doesnt stop coming on.  i havent driven an S65 but did drive the 63's as well as an SL55 - same issue every time. 
The Pan T grips like mad and all its power is exploitable. 
2.  practicality - i got to replace a 4WD and sedan with one car - its all down to the fold down rear  seat.  us city clickers dont off road so the rear seat fold down gives me a boot i otherwise only ever had in a 4WD.  the packaging of this car is what sells it.  i suspect its a huge selling point.

without competitors adopting AWD, i think it will stay in its own league with traction.  getting 500+hp down in a front engined 2WD sedan is never going to be easy.

Offline dkabab

its all down to the fold down rear  seat.  us city clickers dont off road so the rear seat fold down gives me a boot i otherwise only ever had in a 4WD. 

ive always wondered why more sedans dont offer this, its such a handy feature

without competitors adopting AWD, i think it will stay in its own league with traction.  getting 500+hp down in a front engined 2WD sedan is never going to be easy.

its like a 4door GTR....  :tilt:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I love my S65, but using all the power off the line is impossible, even in the dry.  I didn't find traction in the M5 so much of an issue due to its more modest torque. I reckon the Panamera has a better rear seat than the M5. It has as much head room back there as the S Class.

I saw a CL63 today - they are a real looker.

Offline YSS

I love my S65, but using all the power off the line is impossible, even in the dry.  I didn't find traction in the M5 so much of an issue due to its more modest torque. I reckon the Panamera has a better rear seat than the M5. It has as much head room back there as the S Class.

I saw a CL63 today - they are a real looker.

m5 traction no issue until you use LC  :p

CL63 is absolutely stunning to look at from the front.  when they first came out, benz had this advertisment with a silver car.  i remember staring at it forever.

Offline fivesix

CL63 is absolutely stunning to look at from the front.  when they first came out, benz had this advertisment with a silver car.  i remember staring at it forever.

x2, amazing. Look good in heaps of colours too, which i think is amazing.
That, two door E class, and the new 2 door S class coupe they were thinking about would be nuts... :P  :D

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

Not wrong about the front, pity about the back.
It's always been an issue with the CL's

Offline waz356

I saw the Panamera in Porsche Centre Adelaide today. They have an 'S' in the showroom and a Turbo being prepped as a demo out the back. A lot better looking than I thought - especially the Turbo in black. Fuck it's a big car though. It'll certainly have some presence on the road.