Offline Joel

Porsche sets its recommended retail pricing - of course they know.

Like any business, Porsche prices for maximum profit.  Just like we all do.  The only thing that will reduce Porsche prices in Australia is falling demand - and I don't see that happening at a time when the company has the best product offering (either here or just around the corner) in its history.

It's safe to ignore US pricing - it isn't relevant to the factory's thinking because Australian consumers can't buy from the US.

As well to the fact Im sure Porsche sell a lot more in the US due to population. So having an extreme price point for profit is not need there as average income is lower then Australia, but the demographic is larger that they are marketing to their.
I also think it would be the fact that there is more then 3 max dealers per state. America would have 10-15 per state. So competition is there and they need to make sales and the best way to do that is to cut a little margin for a larger turn over.

This is all personal opinion with no research so I may be off.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
One thing you guys have to remember is that due to the demand and size of orders Americans actually get the cars for a cheaper rate from the manufacturers.

What that discount is, I suppose we will never know....
May the Horse be with you....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Australia is a sucker punch for everything price wise.

Offline Joel

I always wonder what my life would be like if I was in America earning the same money as I do here.. Im sure my house would be bigger my cars would be fast and most likely my waist would be HUGE!!!

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I always wonder what my life would be like if I was in America earning the same money as I do here.. Im sure my house would be bigger my cars would be fast and most likely my waist would be HUGE!!!

I'm not sure about the waist, however I have ofter thought the same things.

Perhaps they get things cheap being some form of compensation for danager money.....

Offline dkabab

$1m in America gets you....

458 italia - $260k
Aventador - $400k
Mp4-12c - $260k

It's $1.7m here in aus

458 italia - $500k
Aventador - $750k
Mp4-12c - $500k

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I'm not sure what you do for a living but wages in general are a hell of a lot lower there than here.  It's easy to compare buying cars and houses when earning say $100k a year plus here when doing the same thing there you probably only get around a half.  I'm the first to bitch about taxes here but trust me the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Joel

I'm not sure what you do for a living but wages in general are a hell of a lot lower there than here.  It's easy to compare buying cars and houses when earning say $100k a year plus here when doing the same thing there you probably only get around a half.  I'm the first to bitch about taxes here but trust me the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree hence my point about earning the same coin as I do here over there. I work for myself.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Just my 2 cents.

Really, what about business owners????

Estate agents make heaps more in the states too....