Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
It will never drop when people like you Mark and scud are payin big numbers for these cars haha and us poor folk have to buy your trade ins.  :D

I rarely buy new exotics now. I just can't see the point when you can buy a 2 year old car with under 10,000 km's and warranty for a tad over half price. Why drop a few hundred grand when you can buy an essentially new car anyway?

Offline Joel

I rarely buy new exotics now. I just can't see the point when you can buy a 2 year old car with under 10,000 km's and warranty for a tad over half price. Why drop a few hundred grand when you can buy an essentially new car anyway?

Your not a big culprit like the other two. I agree it makes more sense to let someone else lose the big dollars and you buy something practically brand new.

My main point was as long as there is some demand then prices will never drop.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Your not a big culprit like the other two. I agree it makes more sense to let someone else lose the big dollars and you buy something practically brand new.

My main point was as long as there is some demand then prices will never drop.

Somebody has to buy 'em new or there wouldn't be any 2nd hand ones to buy  :thumbsup:

Offline Joel

Somebody has to buy 'em new or there wouldn't be any 2nd hand ones to buy  :thumbsup:

haha all over it!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I know I should be patient and wait for a good used car, but I don't regret for a moment buying a new 458. It was made to my exact specifications and I could order it exactly when I wanted it. There were no used 458's at the time. Time is more important to me than money.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I know I should be patient and wait for a good used car, but I don't regret for a moment buying a new 458. It was made to my exact specifications and I could order it exactly when I wanted it. There were no used 458's at the time. Time is more important to me than money.

Fair enough. There is a thrill to having the first example of a new model, I've done it myself. There is a big price you pay for the  thrill; but you know that going in.
Once I had done it a few times the thrill kind wore off and I found myself thinking "why the hell did I do that?" after a few months. Eventually the value wasn't in the experience in my case. I'm impulsive at the best of times; but I try to remember the old saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Fair enough. There is a thrill to having the first example of a new model, I've done it myself. There is a big price you pay for the  thrill; but you know that going in.
Once I had done it a few times the thrill kind wore off and I found myself thinking "why the hell did I do that?" after a few months. Eventually the value wasn't in the experience in my case. I'm impulsive at the best of times; but I try to remember the old saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" :)

What was the last car you specced from the factory?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

What was the last car you specced from the factory?

BMW X5M about 2 years ago. Before that I spec'd both of my Maserati Granturismo's.