Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
correct, the porsche may be the same vehicle as the vw but its still a porsche and is way more opulent than the best equipped vw

For what it's worth I ended up buying my wife the v6 Cayenne, I waited until last Feb as the engine is quite different to the VW unit that appeared in the initial release of the current shape, same unit that appears in the Panamera Diesel, with a touch more bop and torque and slightly lighter than the VW motor.

Have been very happy with it ...plenty of poke around town and on the motorway and if I feel the need will look at a revo tune...but as it stands a well packaged and great piece of kit.

Happy to offer more insight if you want.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
For what it's worth I ended up buying my wife the v6 Cayenne, I waited until last Feb as the engine is quite different to the VW unit that appeared in the initial release of the current shape, same unit that appears in the Panamera Diesel, with a touch more bop and torque and slightly lighter than the VW motor.

Have been very happy with it ...plenty of poke around town and on the motorway and if I feel the need will look at a revo tune...but as it stands a well packaged and great piece of kit.

Happy to offer more insight if you want.

Thanks for that, I'm just getting prices on two that are coming into Adel in the middle of this month. Both are white with black one with 18" inch wheels the other with 19" wheels, both have panoramic roof (which I kinda dont want) some options that are worthwhile but compared to the V8 Touareg are cheaper (thanks to Porsche dropping their prices).

Towing will be the deal breaker but considering we may do one event interstate per annum in either the Lola or Formula Ford (Aust Gt is too expensive) then the V6 should be quite capable. The fact that it has a 3500kg towing limit is awesome, not even the ML can match it. The ML in V6 diesel just doesnt do it for me, still think Benz have gone downhill in the ML range.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Revised Pricing  is definitely better my friendly local Porsche dealer  tells me that just because pricing is reduced from PCA doesn't mean dealers still won't discount...so haggle away.

I decided upon 18" sport classic in satin with centre caps...found the car drove better...higher sidewall etc, Dark Blue with full Tan interior with individual tan seatbelts, standard sunroof (like you wasn't a fan of open sky roof)  electric tailgate.

Towing - I had the hitch optioned on mine and the buckets of torque hasn't been a problem for me and when the engine in leaned out I am getting nearly 1000km per tank (not towing) and about 700 - 750 when towing with similar weight to your openwheeler.

Noticed your comments about Q7, I had one of those for the wife before the Cayenne and the thing ATE tyres...didn't help I had 20" Pirelli rosa corsa's ...but I think they managed to get the level of ride an handling on that thing at the detriment of tyres, and due to the offset they couldn't be rotated and went thought a full set every year! ...the wife is hardly Fangio but it all got a bit crazy!

All in all the current Cayenne has been great, no problems, virtually no wear to tyres or other consumables and a stunning fit and finish....