Offline marcoreb

Hi, i was trying to track down my fathers old 911 SC. He got rid of it in Sept 1977 so it could be a 1976 model or 1977 model. If someone knew of a Green SC with Tan interior brought from Melbourne Hamiltons in Richmond could you PM me; even if you're not wanting to sell it at present, i'd love to know where it is. Thanks as any help would be great....

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That's a nasty case of Black heads you have there!!!! :eek:

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
That's a nasty case of Black heads you have there!!!! :eek:

Could be Kodak loving termites they love old photos or they could be old style spaparazzi shades?

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
It is actually an 2.7L "S".

SC's came out in 1978 And they were 3.0L with wider arches.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
It is actually an 2.7L "S".

SC's came out in 1978 And they were 3.0L with wider arches.

Hmmm, this looks tricky.  I think the Australian 2.7L G series cars came standard with the ATS wheels and the "S" should have had the 6" Forged Fuchs.  I'd put my money on a stock 911 2.7L from 1976.  Lovely to see one in a period colour but I'm trying to work out the exact shade, looks somewhere between Irish green and Speedway green.

Good luck with your search.  I would contact the Porsche club in each state, starting with Victoria.  AOMC should be able to give you the VIN along with the Porsche Centre Melbourne, they still have all these old records.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got the brochure, the salesman's still waiting for my call back  :D

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
Not really, that's a late 911 SC brochure.  The front side indicators, flush headlight washers along with the ATS wheels on the RH car date that image about 1981.  Notice the period Pirelli CN36 15" tyres and the Good Year Eagle VR50s on the 16" rims too.  Nice pic, thanks for posting.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I've got the brochure, the salesman's sold all the cars I should have bought to other people that had an absolute ball before they got to old to enjoy them.

fixed

nice pic.

Offline marcoreb

Tried the Porsche centre as it was a Hamilton's delivered but they couldn't seem to help. Any tips on dealing with that? The AOMC tip is great just looked them up, i'll try them

Thanks so much Carl. I'll let you know how i go. Really appreciate the tips & the time. Rgds!

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Hmmm, this looks tricky.  I think the Australian 2.7L G series cars came standard with the ATS wheels and the "S" should have had the 6" Forged Fuchs.  I'd put my money on a stock 911 2.7L from 1976.  Lovely to see one in a period colour but I'm trying to work out the exact shade, looks somewhere between Irish green and Speedway green.

Good luck with your search.  I would contact the Porsche club in each state, starting with Victoria.  AOMC should be able to give you the VIN along with the Porsche Centre Melbourne, they still have all these old records.

+1