Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

I am getting close to purchasing a Cayenne (2008 model) - I think.
Iíve always wanted one but have a few questions that Iím keen to have answered by Cayenne experienced people that aren't trying to sell me one.
General things like:
** Are they OK in traffic - Iíve heard they have difficulty keeping up with fast flowing traffic.  That they are too slow off the mark (noting Iím obviously not seeking performance - just suitable power for city and highway driving)

**What are they like when towing? I have a 5 meter aluminium boat - can it handle this OK. (I know the specs say it can, but what is your opinion - Iíd trust that more)

**I understand the brakes need the rotors and pads replaced frequently - is this you experience , if so - is it expensive?

**This will be my first Porsche, are Porsche good to deal with - or do they seek every opportunity to rip money out of you?  I had varied experiences with Ferrari - some very good and some less than fair.

**Having high quality and honest dealership is important to me - Iím in Brisbane, anyone with experience with that dealership?

If youíre OK with this can you please PM me your thoughts?
 Cheers  Vegas
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson

What are they like when towing? I have a 5 meter aluminium boat - can it handle this OK. (I know the specs say it can, but what is your opinion - Iíd trust that more)

I don't own one but we have an 05 Prado TD with 96kw & 343nm, & it tows our 21ft, 2 tonne wake boat......sluggish up hills but has no problems on the flats......a Cayenne should tow a 15ft aluminum with no worries at all :thumbsup:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I had the PPI on my turbo done at the Porsche centre Brisbane, they were fantastic.
They also ran through the whole report with my Adelaide Porsche centre service manager so that he was happy with the car before I coughed up the $$$.

was great to deal with and was confident with the car considereing I was buying site unseen from the Audi centre

Offline Joel

I am getting close to purchasing a Cayenne (2008 model) - I think.
Iíve always wanted one but have a few questions that Iím keen to have answered by Cayenne experienced people that aren't trying to sell me one.
General things like:
** Are they OK in traffic - Iíve heard they have difficulty keeping up with fast flowing traffic.  That they are too slow off the mark (noting Iím obviously not seeking performance - just suitable power for city and highway driving)

**What are they like when towing? I have a 5 meter aluminium boat - can it handle this OK. (I know the specs say it can, but what is your opinion - Iíd trust that more)

**I understand the brakes need the rotors and pads replaced frequently - is this you experience , if so - is it expensive?

**This will be my first Porsche, are Porsche good to deal with - or do they seek every opportunity to rip money out of you?  I had varied experiences with Ferrari - some very good and some less than fair.

**Having high quality and honest dealership is important to me - Iím in Brisbane, anyone with experience with that dealership?

If youíre OK with this can you please PM me your thoughts?
 Cheers  Vegas

I have the Turbo so it keeps up no dramas at all

I have a 6m Ali boat as well no dramas with that. Only thing is the Porsche doesnt like the LED lights.

i have my own mechanics service mine and havent had to much issue with parts. Brakes I havent had to replace yet and I have had it over 18months.

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
Thanks guys all these comments are useful, cheers.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Same engine as my VW CC. Motor is good. I tow three motorcycles on my 8x5 trailer without any problems.