Offline LewisJ

Hi everyone.  We had a 2011 Cayenne stolen from our driveway as we slept on Saturday night in Brisbane.  They broke in and stole the keys and took off with the car.  It is a dark gold colour deisel.  Cannot beleive it!!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Sorry to hear.... :(
It's the worst feeling having your pride & joy stolen.
Posting some photos may assist in finding it.
Hope it returns with minimal damage & kms :)

Offline LewisJ

Thanks, yeh not hopeful of getting it back now since it has been 5 days.  It is an aweful feeling, my poor car :(.

It is more a dark Grey than gold, so yes great idea, i will find a photo.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
5 Days :eek:

Yep, doesn't look too good then.....I would be hoping that I never saw it again then :scared:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Probably an even worse feeling knowing they were in your house while you were sleeping. At least youre safe and no one was attacked. Hope they find the car and the people that did it.

Offline LewisJ

Thankyou, yes I am not sleeping well, every little noise in the house wakes me.  I have security people coming to setup alarms systems in the house tomorrow.  But grateful all the same we are safe.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Sorry to hear that! Awful feeling knowing someone has been in ur home and could potentially come back esp if remotes etc were in the vehicle.

U may already know this but if installing a back to base monitored alarm system, it pays to have a backup back to base system eg. DTU or GPRS (via mobile phone network) system - a few years ago whilst we were out for dinner, our house was burgled - bastards lifted one roof tile in entire roof, cut through sisalation and lifted the phone cable and cut it, then broke a window to enter the house. Alarm system went off, and as usual, everyone ignored it and monitoring weren't aware as the phone cable had been severed!

Police came and needless to say stated the obvious-  someone obviously knew the layout in the roof and where phone cables were - and yes I had my suspicions of an a/c bloke servicing the a/c unit in the roof space only 4 weeks before but as usual, could not prove anything!

Since then, all my premises - work and home have a backup back to base monitoring system in place!

And oh yes - urban myth or not - all toothbrushes got chucked out immediately after the burglary!!  :doh:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
That's horrible!!

Was it insured?
May the Horse be with you....

Offline LewisJ

Thanks for the advise re alarms. You do wonder if someone has been watching the house or if it could be a repair person. Everyone i see walk past now is a suspect - but I need to snap out of that. We were lucky all they stole was a wallet and the car keys - and the car. So no toothbrushes downstairs thank god!  So many people seem to get broken into which is awful.

Yes it was insured luckily.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Well thank goodness for that.

You do hear of the odd story and it makes you worried when these things happen.
May the Horse be with you....