Offline barra

I'm considering getting a 997.

Other than it having to be a c2, preferably an s, and definitely no sunroof, I'm not too picky.  Obviously not an auto either.

What's thoughts on this one? 

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-997/SSE-AD-2690240

What options are Worth trying to find?

How will I find it compared to my f360?  I've never driven one, but there lie one at a local dealer I will go and see this week.

Thanks

John

Offline NBTBRV8

Coca trim isn't going to be for everyone, so it might take a while to find a buyer.

From what I can see it has a kph speedo but no sunroof which would be rare for an Australian delivered car, plus it has a full length front euro plate holder.  So just check that it is an Australian delivered car.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Definitely no sunroof will limit the range as this is a popular option on Australian delivered cars.  I still miss my 2007 C2S.  The bloke who bought it hardly ever drives it, too....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Definitely no sunroof will limit the range as this is a popular option on Australian delivered cars.  I still miss my 2007 C2S.  The bloke who bought it hardly ever drives it, too....

Forgive my ignorance but what does the "C2' mean ?

I thought it was
Carrera
S or
4S

Offline NBTBRV8

Forgive my ignorance but what does the "C2' mean ?

I thought it was
Carrera
S or
4S

Carrera 2 for 2wd

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline barra

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to reach the seller of that one yet, but when he returns my call I will find out if its aus delivered or not.  Surely if its a private import and he needs to sell it to move os as stated its a $60k car?

I test drove the black S at gulsons today.  My first 911 drive ever.  I liked the drive but that particular car had too many scratches and kms and I didn't like the black on black combo. 

My pick would be a white one but the only white one isn't an S and has a sunroof... Do I give up now on the no sunroof idea?

Who buys all these brand new and specs them black on black or silver on black and sunroof??? Not my kind of thing.  I'm always surprised by how many 911's are auto as well.

Offline TomE

I test drove the black S at gulsons today.  My first 911 drive ever.  I liked the drive but that particular car had too many scratches and kms and I didn't like the black on black combo. 

Just factor in a couple days with Mario in the price  :thumbsup:
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to reach the seller of that one yet, but when he returns my call I will find out if its aus delivered or not.  Surely if its a private import and he needs to sell it to move os as stated its a $60k car?

My pick would be a white one but the only white one isn't an S and has a sunroof... Do I give up now on the no sunroof idea?

Who buys all these brand new and specs them black on black or silver on black and sunroof??? Not my kind of thing.  I'm always surprised by how many 911's are auto as well.

I think you may find a sunroof was standard on Aus del cars, so would only be a car that was ordered without.

As MHH said, not good for resale without one.
Why such a long face?