Offline barra

So thanks again for the heads up, that silver/coco car is an import from Ireland.
Apparently never had paint, always garaged, fpsh.  Been in aus only a few months.

Anyone have an opinion on a good price?

The black MY07 at goulsons I'm sure could be had for $80k drive away and it is porsche approved and has a 12 month porsche factory warranty.

So is this import worth $70k?  $60k?

Is anyone considering trading their 997 and would like an easy cash sale at around trade value?

Offline Joel

John did you sell the 360 to the boys at 2suscustoms?

Offline barra

Yea... Bas bought it.  We mightn't all be fans of what they do to cars but he was an honest and genuine guy to deal with.

Offline Joel

Yea... Bas bought it.  We mightn't all be fans of what they do to cars but he was an honest and genuine guy to deal with.

Awesome work mate. I saw pics of what they have done to it. I don't mind it. But I loved the blue a lot more.

Offline barra

They've painted it twice since getting it from me.  Such a shame I spent so long searching for an original colour combo with no paint or retrim history.  And I spent thousands on a colour correction and up keep of the original body and interior... All for no reason. I sold it for bottom dollar to get painted and trimmed.  Oh well

Offline NBTBRV8

So thanks again for the heads up, that silver/coco car is an import from Ireland.
Apparently never had paint, always garaged, fpsh.  Been in aus only a few months.

Anyone have an opinion on a good price?

The black MY07 at goulsons I'm sure could be had for $80k drive away and it is porsche approved and has a 12 month porsche factory warranty.

So is this import worth $70k?  $60k?

Is anyone considering trading their 997 and would like an easy cash sale at around trade value?

You really need to do Carsales home work to come up with a value.  However I would be very careful of a UK car that has spent the majority of its life in the UK.  The salt etc really does get in everywhere and when you get underneath a car that has spent a majority of its life in the UK then it is really apparent as everything goes rusty.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

There are plenty of 997s out there with good local history. I'd avoid an import and save all the worry now and selling pain later.

Offline barra

Yea I'm just hoping to outlay minimal cash and get a great deal. I'm in no hurry, have the flexibility to travel and cash to buy.

I was hoping someone who recently bought, sold or traded could chime in if the $80kish asking prices are on the money or if I should be expect to get a decent Aussie 997 closer to $70k?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Yea I'm just hoping to outlay minimal cash and get a great deal. I'm in no hurry, have the flexibility to travel and cash to buy.

I was hoping someone who recently bought, sold or traded could chime in if the $80kish asking prices are on the money or if I should be expect to get a decent Aussie 997 closer to $70k?

Buy a shitter for $65k and spend 6 months off road and $35k on the engine?  :doh:

Offline barra

I payed good money for my Ferrari.  Had minimal issues.  Spent good money maintaining and sold it as a well cared for excellent reliable car for fuck all because the market is shit.

Price doesn't always reflect condition.  And I'm confident in my abilities to purchase a good car, I just want to find a good deal.