Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Cool video (don't try this in your jurisdiction) and some great photos on the associated site.  Grabbed from the early 911S Registry site.

Flat in 3rd in my old 2.0l jigger is closing in on 100 odd mph so I've no idea what speeds he's getting this high horsepower 2.4S spec car up to- but he spends planety of time flat in 3rd/4th/5th gear.

The owner/driver is a well known LA early 911 nut.

Video:

http://www.dutchman-photos.com/blog/2011/10/28/nothing-better-than-a-sunday-ride-on-saturday.html

photo site:

http://www.dutchman-photos.com/blog/

Enjoy.

Cheers

SK

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Imagine if this guy posted this video from Australia. It would be on the news, Today Tonight and A Current Affair. The cops would have him and the car by now. He probably felt totally in control and does this kind of thing all the time but one false move by someone else around him and theyre both gonna be history. He needs to move back to Europe and around the corner from the Nurburgring.

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Imagine if this guy posted this video from Australia. It would be on the news, Today Tonight and A Current Affair. The cops would have him and the car by now. He probably felt totally in control and does this kind of thing all the time but one false move by someone else around him and theyre both gonna be history. He needs to move back to Europe and around the corner from the Nurburgring.

Agreed, to be honest I was pretty suprised when I first saw it. No broken law grey areas there. 

How long 'til the authorities estimate ground speed via video's clearly followed in gear/RPM and fine you on that basis (if they don't do it already).

I have a guy that loves to be flat in what is 2nd gear before flat changing up to 3rd on his Harley, as he shortcuts up my street- a 40 zone. Richard Cranium.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

I have a guy that loves to be flat in what is 2nd gear before flat changing up to 3rd on his Harley, as he shortcuts up my street- a 40 zone. Richard Cranium.

Harley, hmmmmm  :scratchchin: flat out in second. Im guessing thats about 148 db and around 43-44 kmh  :p