Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
http://vimeo.com/50473835

awesome.

LOL he has my Ferrari Shoes.

I admit they are perfect for feeling the pedals
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Anyone remember who owned the road registered 917 in Australia? I havent heard of the car for at least 15 years, maybe longer.

Edit: the car I was thinking of was probably a 962 LeMans car that was converted to road use in the UK by Vern Schuppan and featured in Australian magazines in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_962

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Anyone remember who owned the road registered 917 in Australia? I havent heard of the car for at least 15 years, maybe longer.

Edit: the car I was thinking of was probably a 962 LeMans car that was converted to road use in the UK by Vern Schuppan and featured in Australian magazines in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_962

Correct. There were 2 versions, the first was the full Monty and the 2nd had an inferior substituted engine I believe.

Offline tdc911

Alan Hamilton road-registered a Porsche 908 in Australia. Also owned a 917/30 which was seen on the street a few times (was sold this year to Jerry Seinfeld at the Amelia Island auction). There is an article coming up about Alan Hamilton in a local magazine regarding his history with Porsche.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Alan Hamilton road-registered a Porsche 908 in Australia. Also owned a 917/30 which was seen on the street a few times (was sold this year to Jerry Seinfeld at the Amelia Island auction). There is an article coming up about Alan Hamilton in a local magazine regarding his history with Porsche.

The 908 might have been the car I was thinking of then. I was pretty sure it was in Australia and it was a coupe, not an open car. Even now with that information I cant find it on line but I read it years ago in a Motor Magazine. I found the 917 on google that Hamilton had but I knew that wasnt the car I was thinking of. He drove the 917 in The Climb to the Eagle one year here in Adelaide.

Offline tdc911

The 908 might have been the car I was thinking of then. I was pretty sure it was in Australia and it was a coupe, not an open car. Even now with that information I cant find it on line but I read it years ago in a Motor Magazine. I found the 917 on google that Hamilton had but I knew that wasnt the car I was thinking of. He drove the 917 in The Climb to the Eagle one year here in Adelaide.

Was featured in Wheels, July 1980. Chassis 908-019. I believe also formerly owned by the current Ferrari Club of Australia president.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Was featured in Wheels, July 1980. Chassis 908-019. I believe also formerly owned by the current Ferrari Club of Australia president.

Yup, current National President owned it for a few years. Late 1980's or early 1990's ?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

No wonder it was hard for me to remember the details, 1980. I quit my band earlier this year because I couldnt remember the lyrics to new songs any more, remembering an article from that far back even existed is a plus for me these days.