Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
whats the problem? did you click the link or one of the photos... do other galleries on my site work for you?

nah, not you, me!

I had a lovely looking 356 speedster visit. Took a few pics...

but I can't load 'em in tonight... little green "loading " bar gets halfway then time outs.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Waz i love classic P cars and yours seems to be mint! what is the quick history of the car? you said that it was a factory pick up.... how did you get it down under?

Offline waz356

C'mon man, what's it need doing??? Lots of Restos going on atm, that should motivate you to do something, Hmmmm??  :tilt:

* edit * that's right you purchased a new toy that just needed a driver............  :p

Mechanicals are all done. It needs a bit more body work then paint and assembly. Apart from the door and window rubbers, I have everything else. Unfortunately with too many other cars to play with at the moment it's getting ignored. I should try and get it running for Targa next year.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Mechanicals are all done. It needs a bit more body work then paint and assembly. Apart from the door and window rubbers, I have everything else. Unfortunately with too many other cars to play with at the moment it's getting ignored. I should try and get it running for Targa next year.

Ah, so just a little more spare time and a few less distractions, I know exactly.

btw, we just finished a 911 on Friday. The owner supplied a heap of new rubbers, he said that he got them from a Porker place in Melbourne that had brand new parts for everything including a lot of 356 stuff.

Offline waz356

Waz i love classic P cars and yours seems to be mint! what is the quick history of the car? you said that it was a factory pick up.... how did you get it down under?

Hi Farid. I'm the 3rd owner. I have all of the history of the car from the letter written by the original owners to the Porsche factory in 1961 ordering the car, to the factory invoice in triplicate. Also, I have lots of bits and pieces including the factory hardtop and original spare wheel with it's original tyre. It's been partially retrimmed and the floors and sills have been replaced but it hasn't been repainted.

The original owners were geologists who picked up the car in November 1961. Hence the Colorado School of Mines sticker. They spent a few months driving around Europe before shipping the car from Rotterdam to New York - I have the shipping documents. It also has the books, tool kit, lots (and lots) of paper work.

I found the car for sale in Washington state just over 5 years ago. She's been in SA since June 2004 and completed 3 Classic Adelaides (touring), been to Melboune 4 times, Mt Buller and the Porsche Great Ocean Road event. She's no show car but as Dave should agree, it's fun at the speed limit. It handles pretty well for 47+ years old.

Offline waz356

Ah, so just a little more spare time and a few less distractions, I know exactly.

btw, we just finished a 911 on Friday. The owner supplied a heap of new rubbers, he said that he got them from a Porker place in Melbourne that had brand new parts for everything including a lot of 356 stuff.

Hmmm, any chance you can get the name of the place?

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Hi Farid. I'm the 3rd owner. I have all of the history of the car from the letter written by the original owners to the Porsche factory in 1961 ordering the car, to the factory invoice in triplicate. Also, I have lots of bits and pieces including the factory hardtop and original spare wheel with it's original tyre. It's been partially retrimmed and the floors and sills have been replaced but it hasn't been repainted.

The original owners were geologists who picked up the car in November 1961. Hence the Colorado School of Mines sticker. They spent a few months driving around Europe before shipping the car from Rotterdam to New York - I have the shipping documents. It also has the books, tool kit, lots (and lots) of paper work.

I found the car for sale in Washington state just over 5 years ago. She's been in SA since June 2004 and completed 3 Classic Adelaides (touring), been to Melboune 4 times, Mt Buller and the Porsche Great Ocean Road event. She's no show car but as Dave should agree, it's fun at the speed limit. It handles pretty well for 47+ years old.

Thats a great history for the car!! Suppose i should start looking at P cars since i have almost finished my Geology and Geophysics degree :scratchchin:

Offline waz356

Thats a great history for the car!! Suppose i should start looking at P cars since i have almost finished my Geology and Geophysics degree :scratchchin:

Well anytime you want a ride in a 356, give me a yell. I don't need much of an excuse.  :thumbsup:

Offline dkabab

i hear theres a gt3 for sale.... looks exactly like the one in your avatar  :scratchchin:

and yep as waz said, its a great little car going through the twisties, had a lot more grip than i expected!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Sweet pics - makes for a great camera car! :D

...Apart from the door and window rubbers...

S4Simon does that stuff - he's previously told me they can fit basically anything.

She's no show car but as Dave should agree, it's fun at the speed limit.

Hehe - exactly what I was talking about :thumbsup: