Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I picked the car up today after it was fitted with a lovely new set of Yokohamas.  It is now perfect again.  The Porker and I are back in love. :thumbsup:

Great to hear :thumbsup:

Why Yokies (and which type?)? and Not Porsche traditional tyres like Pirelli, Michelin or Continental?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Great to hear :thumbsup:

Why Yokies (and which type?)? and Not Porsche traditional tyres like Pirelli, Michelin or Continental?

Not sure what model - and the car isn't with me to check.  I left it to the tyre shop to recommend a brand other than Pirelli. 

• Soap Dodger

Not sure what model - and the car isn't with me to check.  I left it to the tyre shop to recommend a brand other than Pirelli. 

Well, I hope you get a tyre you like, rather than whatever gives the best retail margin  :thumbsup:

Personally, IMO, Michelin seem to be the best tyre and reasonable value too, over their life.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Good the problem was easily solved! Also nice to know that it wasn't a major car problem.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I had a set of them on my liberty GT, good tyres quite and very consistant with their actions. will be good to hear what you think of them

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
If there's any further updates on this car and malady then mhh can bump it - otherwise I've moved most of the more general wheel/tyre tech discussion here:

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/wheels-and-tyres/general-wheel-and-tyre-chat-t4595.0.html

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Gave my Yokies (on the 911) a run on the weekend.  The road was mostly wet so I wasn't game to push too hard but they feel good with progressive feel on breakaway.  Chirpier from the front than the Pirellis when the ABS cuts in braking into corners though....

The main thing is they are round.  :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger

Gave my Yokies (on the 911) a run on the weekend.  The road was mostly wet so I wasn't game to push too hard but they feel good with progressive feel on breakaway.  Chirpier from the front than the Pirellis when the ABS cuts in braking into corners though....

The main thing is they are round.  :thumbsup:

excellent!  What more could you need?

:thumbsup: