Offline David B

Not that I am in a position to give financial advice, but if invested well, it will buy your car in a few years with lost of change.  Sure it's nice to give yourself a bonus every now and then,but I like to make sure there is enough behind me to provide a decent lifestyle without stressing about the next dollar. Plus, have you looked at how much interest it will knock off the mortgage if you put it all on it?

Well some is going against the morgage as said.  I agree with all you have said... actually its getting me down a bit.
Our morgage is actually doing ok I owe less than 150K on a property value of maybe 450-500K.   

its food for thought.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Well some is going against the morgage as said.  I agree with all you have said... actually its getting me down a bit.
Our morgage is actually doing ok I owe less than 150K on a property value of maybe 450-500K.   

its food for thought.

Ok I don't know your personal situation beyond the fire and having some kids.  But I would suggest given your asset position bust your ass and pay that mortgage down to $0 first and foremost. 

Once you're there look at a car.  And although I'm a "buy it for cash" preacher you may be better off leasing a car.  Especially if you have no more mortgage payments,  because at least you will have the additional cash flow to cover a lease.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Ok I don't know your personal situation beyond the fire and having some kids.  But I would suggest given your asset position bust your ass and pay that mortgage down to $0 first and foremost. 

Once you're there look at a car.  And although I'm a "buy it for cash" preacher you may be better off leasing a car.  Especially if you have no more mortgage payments,  because at least you will have the additional cash flow to cover a lease.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

Offline David B

Appreciate your straight talking,

Thanks... off to sleep. my job is finished for tonight. client approved !!

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Swallow your pride and get the 997.1 TT UK import. It's priced very sharp. You get the best of both worlds with a Turbo and a 997.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Swallow your pride and get the 997.1 TT UK import. It's priced very sharp. You get the best of both worlds with a Turbo and a 997.

Yeah I saw it, but no way I will buy an import. It's just not worth the long term pain....no matter how attractive the deal looks now.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Yeah I saw it, but no way I will buy an import. It's just not worth the long term pain....no matter how attractive the deal looks now.

+1

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Offline Aircon

Just found a silver 996 Turbo tiptronic with 32,000km for a bit over $100k.

What a dilemma lol

Offline Aircon

Just popped in to see this. Seems overpriced and white is a bit bland, TBH. How do the Porsche guys feel about white? Popular colour?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-13812918