Offline dkabab

Is anyone going the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix (2009)
I’m thinking of flying over for it, didn’t know if anyone else wanted to come along, was looking at just grandstand tickets….. I’m not sure how they run their boxes but it might be possible to join a syndicate corporate box if we have enough people. I know they do this for Clipsal 500 etc… just throwing it out there early in case people were also thinking in advance…

grandstand tickets are about $600 anyway, so
found this....

CORPORATE PLATFORM
Private: $1,070
Shared: $1,620

Per person - 4 day package Various Locations Trackside open-fronted dining suite with outdoor viewing deck

Offline dkabab

I’ll take it no one is really interested?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

i'm going to be at turn 1 with a few of the porsche club lads, i think john m is coming along.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I can't plan more than a few hours in advance :p

Offline fivesix

I will be I guess. Will be in Melb this weekend and will look into accom etc...

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Check what lenses etc you can take with you mate, i dont recall if its max focal length of 200 or 300mm, if your gunna have trouble, grab an extension tube that still allows auto focus etc to work and you should be able to get around it.

I was going, had pit straight tickets, but cant take my camera gear, so not going to bother :)
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline tdc911

Check what lenses etc you can take with you mate, i dont recall if its max focal length of 200 or 300mm, if your gunna have trouble, grab an extension tube that still allows auto focus etc to work and you should be able to get around it.

I was going, had pit straight tickets, but cant take my camera gear, so not going to bother :)

It is 200mm.  You'll be shooting through a fence anyway.  Best day to go for photos is Wednesday if you don't have media credentials, free too, just have to get past security.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

Shooting through a fence isnt a problem..... i can do that.... its just that my motorsport lens is too big! Even my shitty kit lens is too big

Offline dkabab

bit of a shame they limit you to 200mm...  im sure they wont get technical.. but is that the total focal length or what the lens is...
are they going to check if its full frame  or crop. teleconverters etc....  :p

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

From my understanding it is the focal length of the lens itself, not what the body is capable of... although, they may crack the shits at the 5dMKII, and equivalent Nikon, ive heard of this allready happening due to the ability to take video as well.....

I only just got away with my 100-400 at the motoGP, mainly cos i was a sneaky prick and snuck it in and avoided people who looked like they wanted to tell me off. I had security and a police officer follow me for a good 20 minutes on the sunday at the GP.....