Linked Events

• Mar 17-20 - SA - GT Championship at Clipsal 500: Thu, 17 Mar, 2011 - Sun, 20 Mar, 2011
  • May 20-22 - Vic - GT Championship at Winton: Fri, 20 May, 2011 - Sun, 22 May, 2011
  • May 28-29 - Vic - GT Championship at Eastern Creek: Sat, 28 May, 2011 - Sun, 29 May, 2011
  • Jul 8-10 - Qld - GT Championship at Townsville: Fri, 08 Jul, 2011 - Sun, 10 Jul, 2011
  • Sep 2-4 - Vic - GT Championship at Philip Island: Fri, 02 Sep, 2011 - Sun, 04 Sep, 2011
  • Oct 6-9 - NSW - GT Championship at Bathurst: Thu, 06 Oct, 2011 - Sat, 08 Oct, 2011
  • Nov 18-20 - Vic - GT Championship at Sandown: Fri, 18 Nov, 2011 - Sun, 20 Nov, 2011

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I would encourage new cars... What kind of a backwards sport is this...

one trying to "minimize" costs, stopping teams and drivers having to go out and get the latest model every season to be competitive.

Not that its really working, and with a new generation of cars coming in over the next 12 months (merc, mclaren, nissan gtr, v12 vantage, 458) these are going to need to be entered otherwise Aust will be left behind again (or more)
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline notsofast

so did everyone... but it's not WHAT you know.....

it's all a croc....

Indeed, same sponsor for the team racing the Mercedes also happens to sponsor the series.........there we go.

Im all for the latest cars coming down under but this isnt Europe where its affordable for people to buy the latest car and continually upgrade them when those upgrades are released by the factory. Its a double edged sword really.

Not a fan of the rule banning the latest cars (although it seems this rule doesnt apply to everyone) and then we'd possibly see Alan Simonsen carving it up in Ted Huglin's 560-4 GT3, how good would that be?

Offline RS

Indeed, same sponsor for the team racing the Mercedes also happens to sponsor the series.........there we go.

Hate to burst your bubble but Vodka O have NO SAY in the rules and regulations of the series.
Racheal, Martin and Terry make all the decisions around there, Vodka O just pay to have their stickers on all the cars

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Hate to burst your bubble but Vodka O have NO SAY in the rules and regulations of the series.
Racheal, Martin and Terry make all the decisions around there, Vodka O just pay to have their stickers on all the cars

Hate to burst YOYR bubble... but money talks...

especially in the series we have here...

it's a boys club. some girls allowed of course, but it's just a back scratching excercise.

Offline RS

I never said money did't talk,
only the allegations here and on a few other sites that any possible new car has been persuaded or because of the series sponsor is total BS.

Due to my involvement with both the sponsor and team, I'm not going to comment further ,only wanted to point out the mistake / assumption in the correlation between vodka o and any decisions being made

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I can assure you it goes like this....

head honchos and sponsors sit a round drinking an chatting, and one says "I quite like that new XXXX"

and that's enough, if the powers that be want to oil the wheels, it'll happen.

Offline notsofast

Then how else is the car being allowed to run in the series? Apparently the car is already in Australia.

Offline RS

Apparently the car is already in Australia.

nope, not yet

Offline RS

nope, not yet

hypothetically if there is one coming of course  :p

Offline notsofast

nope, not yet

Seems I have been misinformed. Hypothetically speaking if one was coming here? Might want to tell AMG that, its in their PR. Saw a piece on the car's eligibility in AA a couple of weeks back, perhaps someone realised it was a brand new car?