Offline scud

• Rocket man

Hi boys, Wayne is ok which is the main thing. Car is a bit sick and won't make clipsal next week.

Guess it was our turn for this to happen. At least Dave put in 2 quality hours this morning while trying to conserve fuel and I got 2 hours out there though can't say I enjoyed the conditions. All dry or all wet is fine, inbetween isn't nice but I'll be better for the run.

Thanks for your support and we'll get the car fixed and head out again next time.

Offline fivesix

Hi boys, Wayne is ok which is the main thing. Car is a bit sick and won't make clipsal next week.

Guess it was our turn for this to happen. At least Dave put in 2 quality hours this morning while trying to conserve fuel and I got 2 hours out there though can't say I enjoyed the conditions. All dry or all wet is fine, inbetween isn't nice but I'll be better for the run.

Thanks for your support and we'll get the car fixed and head out again next time.

Glad all are ok! Best of luck for the repairs, and getting back out there!

Offline j15

Thanks for the update Scud, best of luck with getting the car straight for its next outing.

Offline dkabab

Good to hear everyone is ok. Shame about the result and clipsal.

Offline RS

Good to hear he is ok,

just got back home and missed the last few hours, conditions are shocking now

sorry to hear you won't be at clipsal

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Im not in range of a TV, any live World Superbike streams anyone knows of?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

just saw some highlights on Fox.  The weather looks atrocious, hope you get the car back together soon Rog, pity you'll be missing clipsal.

Offline RS

Congrats to Audi, Merc and the Fezza

Would have liked Pete and co to get up on the Audi but the SLS was lacking some pace over the R8's

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I put this on ten-tenths...

Not sure who else was scanning radios, but as I was watching from the hotel room, it was very interesting to hear the circus at MM sport.

Feel very sorry for Simonsen, surely the almost identical clearwater car pitting 3 laps earlier would have triggered a "lets check our figures" moment....

And Allan radioed them on his roll in lap to say he may need a push, so they ran down for that, then it fired up so he drove past them to arrive at an un manned pit bay while the crew ran back up!!

That mistake caused the lambdas to overheat with the lean running, which flagged an alarm, which can only be reset via diagnostic computer. 2 laps gone and ultimately a DNF due to failed lambda (apparently).

Comedy of errors all round, what a circus. Poor Al.

Then Al rejoined right in front of the Scudd lambo, initially blocking progress, and rightly received at elast 10 blue flags that i saw with my own eyes from my hotel balcony... He SHOULD have had a drive through penalty for disobeying blue flags......

And then the final nail was Dominik hitting the fire bomb...... Dear oh dear, They, as I was too, must be gutted.

Bottom line though, the car was reliable, it was mistakes that caused it to fail.

Bad luck also to Scudd and crew, was cheering for them for a while there too, although, after what Mr Park said to me not 30 seconds after Teds shunt, all I can say is Karma is a biyatch Mr Park..... Ted won an hour race at Bathurst as recently as Easter, and Park crashed at Sprint Bathurst already, so what he said must be echoing around his empty head right now. Bad luck Scudd and Russell. You deserved better.(edit for AE re-post... MUCH better, Roger you did a great job all through prac and qual, Russell too, smart operating and you deserved a much better result.)

I drove Ted home to melbourne today, after watching the first stint and stops. We had a good chitty chat about whats what and Ted is one wise old soul. I have enormous respect for him, and he's tougher than any one of any age I ever met.

He's REALLY sore, but already improving and he'll be ok. The car and its future were discussed, but no hasty decisions will be made, or announced.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
3 laps is pretty much 10 litres of fuel, so for MM to think they may be 10% better than Clearwater while driving 3 or 4 seconds a lap faster is simply comical. you're lucky to find 2%.....

MM should hang their heads in shame, in fact, heads should roll over this IMO.

And in the worldof "if only" and "coulda woulda"...

Our plan was for Luke to start, ted to follow (weather was fine for this ) and then Cam/Kox double stint to flag......

If we hade made no mistakes, we coulda woulda shoulda won it, 2nd at worst case.

Absolutely gutted.