Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Alonso is the bext driver at the moment. More mature and more technical.

Vettel just has the car and whilst he is also a good driver Alonso is worth every dollar.

I think everyone has clearly accidentally over looked Kobayashi as the best driver, but your all forgiven!!

:-P
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I think everyone has clearly accidentally over looked Kobayashi as the best driver, but your all forgiven!!

Best at crashing or losing front spoilers?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Classic!

Raikkonen gifts 'leave me alone' t-shirts to Lotus staff

Kimi Raikkonen has turned his newly-famous grand prix-winning catchphrase into a t-shirt for the entire staff of the Lotus team.

The inimitable 'iceman' thrilled his fans with his radio banter - broadcast live on television - en route to the first win of his F1 comeback recently in Abu Dhabi.

And, to mark the Enstone based team's first win since its works Renault days, Raikkonen memorialised his most famous Abu Dhabi uttering - 'Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing' - on the front of t-shirts for the entire Lotus staff.

The 500 t-shirts arrived at Enstone last Friday, according to the BBC.

The 2007 world champion said this week: "I think you can probably find other messages from me in the car if you search Youtube; even from my short time in Nascar."

Lotus team boss Eric Boullier added: "'Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing' has already become a formula one classic!"

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Lotus secure new sponsor, Burn Energy Drink.

Coca-Cola will enter Formula One as a sponsor of the Lotus team using its burn energy drink. 
  Rumours throughout the season were linking Coca-Cola with a title   sponsorship of McLaren as Vodafone was reportedly considering pulling   out of the sport. However, Coca-Cola wants to promote its energy drink   through the sport, putting it in direct competition with Red Bull and   Lucozade - carried by McLaren - and as a result it has gone in to   partnership with Lotus to give itself a presence in the sport from 2013. 
  Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said that he was "proud" the team had been able to attract such a large brand. 
  "We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the   best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile   partnership," Boullier said. "We are excited to partner with burn to   build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine   experiences, content creation and social media ; an area in which our   team has been at the cutting edge in Formula 1 for the past 18 months,   recording the highest growth rate amongst fans this year." 
  Group director of worldwide sports and entertainment marketing at   Coca-Cola, Emmanuel Seuge said that burn intends to "break the   conventions of traditional Formula 1 sponsorship": 
  "The creativity of teams and the passion for speed and energy that fuel   the sport of Formula 1, make a partnership with this iconic sporting   property a compelling proposition for the burn brand," Seuge said.   "Lotus F1 Team, as the number one emerging challenger in the sport, has   demonstrated exceptional creativity in their approach to Formula 1   racing and their collaborations with partners - an approach that mirrors   the philosophy of burn. We will bring that same creativity through   burn, incorporating art and music in a way that will break the   conventions of traditional Formula 1 sponsorship marketing." 

ESPN F1 link.

Offline TomE

Kamui Kobayashi ... not gay

Great interview here: http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2012/10/13857.html
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline tdc911