Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Enjoy your drink, the team looked very happy and excited.
I was shocked to hear that Betty had a husband. I thought she batted for the other team.
i met him in sepang, nice bloke, loved to chat.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
i met him in sepang, nice bloke, loved to chat.
I met her at Bathurst, same thing, loved to chat, very nice lady.

Offline TomE

This is quite an interesting read about her:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/westfield-heiress-betty-saunders-klimenkos-journey-from-orphanage-to-a-life-of-luxury/story-fni0cx12-1226660579017

That was 2013.

2014 - Says she is broke and running the teams on personal credit :

‘I’ve lost $40m and even taken $50 from a kid’ by: EXCLUSIVE JAMES PHELPS •From: The Sunday Telegraph •April 06, 2014

Betty Klimenko in the pits during the V8 Supercar meeting at Winton Raceway yesterday. Source: News Corp Australia
IT was a fifty-dollar note that brought the tattooed, blue-haired, daughter of a prostitute and adopted by a multi-millionaire to her knees.
Betty Saunders-Klimenko — the orphan who was adopted by Westfield’s shopping empire co-founder John Saunders — had never cried about money.

Not until now.

“I took the money from a little boy,’’ Saunders-Klimenko said. “He cracked open his piggy bank and handed me every cent he owned. I burst into tears when his dad handed it to me. Here was the spoilt little rich girl taking money from a seven-year-old kid.’’

The colourful, eccentric and undeniably loveable Saunders-Klimenko has revealed she was forced to take out a personal bank loan, understood to be about $10 million, after spending her life savings — a staggering $40 million — on the motor racing team that had made her one of Australia’s most popular female sporting figures.

The colourful, eccentric and undeniably loveable Saunders-Klimenko has revealed she was forced to take out a personal bank loan. Source: Supplied

The owner of the Erebus Motorsport V8 team and the Erebus GT team has revealed she will lose her motor racing empire unless she finds at least two major sponsors after being sent “personally’’ broke.

Saunders-Klimenko is using the “pocket money’’ paid to her from a family trust that is worth almost a billion dollars to service a loan she took out after exhausting her personal wealth to keep the team on the cusp of championship glory alive.

Saunders-Klimenko sold two properties, spent her entire savings and took out a loan.

She also accepted 51 dollars and 50 cents from the little boy who has become her inspiration to risk everything else to save the V8 team that has made this “spoilt rich girl” a “real person”.

“The little boy thought he could save my team with his $50,’’ Saunders Klimenko said.

“I didn’t want to take it but the father said I had to. I was in tears and it humbled me. This sport has humbled me.

I didn’t want to take it but the father said I had to. I was in tears and it humbled me. This sport has humbled me

“I don’t need to go to nice restaurants, I don’t need five houses, and the fans have taught me that. I don’t need the trappings and they have fallen away so fast.”

She is more Broke Betty than Billionaire Betty now.

“The family is very wealthy,’’ Saunders-Klimenko said. “But I now have a personal debt. All the money is family money, not my money, and it is tied up in a trust.

“It is very complicated but it is like getting pocket money. I just get my pocket money but I work for it.

“I am on the board and it is not like I do nothing for it.

“I saved and I saved and I saved and I had a big amount but I got to a point where that amount is nothing. I have spent between 30 million and 40 million (dollars) in a year.

“I also had to borrow at least a third of that amount again from the bank and it has to be paid back. I have nothing left personally.”

But the only thing Betty now needs is her race team and her fans. And that is why tears well in her bright blue eyes as she reveals she will lose both unless she finds sponsors.

“It is easy to make up a story but this is the truth,” she said. “We need money.

“I won’t be here next year if we don’t get a sponsor soon.’’

Saunders-Klimenko does not care about the money she has spent. All she cares about is that little boy and making sure he thinks his $50 saved her race team.

“(The fans) have given me something I have never had in my life. They have changed me,” she said

“And that little boy proved it has all been worth it. If he is willing to give me everything he has then this team must mean something to him. And that is why we need to keep going.’’
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Is that article true? Not sure how you could piss that much away without thinking about keeping some for the rainy day?

Guess they won't be doing Spa then?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Is that article true? Not sure how you could piss that much away without thinking about keeping some for the rainy day?

Guess they won't be doing Spa then?

when they did aust gt at clipsal, the transporter, the staff, the cars, those F1 drivers, uniforms, the line up of AMG benz's from E63, G55, ML63..........hate to know how much that cost.....then throw in v8's last year, 3 cars with all the goodies, they were spending a shit load
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline EfiOz

• Ginger beer

I can hear a plug about to be pulled..............

Offline schmik325

when they did aust gt at clipsal, the transporter, the staff, the cars, those F1 drivers, uniforms, the line up of AMG benz's from E63, G55, ML63..........hate to know how much that cost.....then throw in v8's last year, 3 cars with all the goodies, they were spending a shit load

dont forget the amount of times that SLS got rebuilt after that muppet driver they had a few yr ago.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
dont forget the amount of times that SLS got rebuilt after that muppet driver they had a few yr ago.

which one.....there were two muppets
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline schmik325

Can't remember his name. Has the blonde spiky hair. Met him at an AMG driving day.