Offline scou2893

Hi there,

I'm looking for a copy of a photo on this site that I think was uploaded by ashsimmonds - it's from the 92 Targa Tasmania and it's of a testarossa overtaking another car (sorry not a car enthusiast!) on a really narrow road. This is the only site I can find it on, but i think it has been chopped off on the side a bit.  I'm desperate to get a copy for my dad - he has this picture in his study but it is SO faded you can hardly see the cars. Does anyone know who took the photo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Suzi

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Hi Suzi - I don't know who took it, but I think the Ferrari was driven by a member here - 360C, and he may have more details.  I'll rattle his cage...

(the other car is a DeTomaso Pantera)

Offline scou2893

Thank you! That would be fantastic!

If you could also ask if he (or anyone else reading this) knows who the photographer was at that Targa or others in the 90s could you let me know? My dad was in it and all the photos he ordered are in really poor condition...

Thanks again!

Offline j15

Thank you! That would be fantastic!

If you could also ask if he (or anyone else reading this) knows who the photographer was at that Targa or others in the 90s could you let me know? My dad was in it and all the photos he ordered are in really poor condition...

Thanks again!

The driver of the testarossa knows who took the photo and someone recently dug up his contact info, which i'm sure someone will post here in due course if I can't find it. The photographer is still selling prints of this photo.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Hi there,

I'm looking for a copy of a photo on this site that I think was uploaded by ashsimmonds - it's from the 92 Targa Tasmania and it's of a testarossa overtaking another car (sorry not a car enthusiast!) on a really narrow road. This is the only site I can find it on, but i think it has been chopped off on the side a bit.  I'm desperate to get a copy for my dad - he has this picture in his study but it is SO faded you can hardly see the cars. Does anyone know who took the photo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Suzi

Yup, that was me in the Testarossa. The photo (indeed all official photos of the event) was taken by Bill Forsythe. His contact details are on this link:

http://www.carscene.com.au/products/bforsyth/index.htm

He is a great blioke and I am sure that he will help you out with whatever you are after.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Cool - more googling...

Original Bill Forsyth photograph of Andrew Meidecke (De Tomaso) passing a Ferrari in the 1992 Targa Tasmania rally. The shot is taken from the rear of the cars and shows them just a few inches apart at high speed on a narrow road. - 500 x 760mm Brilliant photograph and worth framing for office or den.  This is one of the most outstanding rally photos you will ever see!

$75 

http://www.motornetnews.com.au/POSTERS.htm

(^^ old school 90's site :tired: )

Offline scou2893

Thank you both so much!

My dad is going to be stoked. And special thanks to 360c for making the move in the first place! Not to sound creepy or anything, but you've been a talking point in our house for many years now!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Thank you both so much!

My dad is going to be stoked. And special thanks to 360c for making the move in the first place! Not to sound creepy or anything, but you've been a talking point in our house for many years now!

It's a great photo, I have a poster of it in my office.

Fun fact about the shot..... you can actually work out approximately how close the rear tyres of the cars are to each other. They are about 1.5 inches apart and we were doing about 140kmh or so at the time.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Come on 360C.....

Suzi said "well done on making the move....".  :tilt:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht