• Chief Test Pilot

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Guess there's not enough demand then.

not when you consider magill rd is closer
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
looks like a website from the 1950's

not very professional or convincing

Hehe...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hehe...

Yeah, like goober would know what websites looked like in the '50s.  He wasn't even born then, FFS.  :doh: :D

Offline CortinaD

Guess there's not enough demand then.

I believe the demand is there - even with the really average facilities at AIR, people still went.

Every time I went to AIR (when it was Andra sanctioned) to off-street race it was packed. $50 to race, $17 to watch. Not many spectators, but then again the last meet I went to was the opening one held in Novish 2005 (that was supposed to be the charity kick starter and had a lot of the big boys come out to play) and the place was packkkked with spectators and competitors, the opened up all the parking paddocks. Timing system failed 1/2 way through the night, slippery left lane was closed then they opened it and put one of the fastest car of the night down it (rail thing) and he crashed, brawls happened etc etc and the place hasn't opened since.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Yeah, like goober would know what websites looked like in the '50s.  He wasn't even born then, FFS.  :doh: :D

correct, i'm not as old as u! :)
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

and what happened to tailem bend

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I think there is enough demand for a track in Adelaide. We spent countless nights & days out at the track whether it was racing or just spectating. It's a shame that my kids have not been able to enjoy it as it was & I don't think they will be able to see any drag racing in Adelaide for a long, long time! My son keeps asking me about the drags when they are on the TV & can't believe & understand why there isn't a track in Adelaide but every other state has one.
Can't wait for a track to be up & running because it gives me an excuse to buy another car :D

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

It'd be interesting to see what sort of proposal the consortium had for the Gillman site. Cutting up an old UBD, assuming that a similar size land "footprint" to AIR would be required to create an interesting track, as well as accommodate drag racing facilities, indicates there are not a lot of suitable sites. Garden Island would likely be marginal, given the proposed facilities for racing, drags and boating. Especially given there are a few public boat ramps on the island.

Then there are the associated land uses within the area where residents would likely complain about noise. As well as the future proposal to convert the Penrice salt pans into prime residential allotments...... Any investment would likely be wasted once complaints roll in, and community goodwill would be non-existant.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
It'd be interesting to see what sort of proposal the consortium had for the Gillman site. Cutting up an old UBD, assuming that a similar size land "footprint" to AIR would be required to create an interesting track, as well as accommodate drag racing facilities, indicates there are not a lot of suitable sites.

LOL - I did the same thing in 1989!  We all had to take on a major project for the year in our year 8 design class - mine was to create a racetrack (I was quite obsessed with race cars back then).

I spent the entire year bugging all the councils around SA for blueprints and maps and logistics etc to be able to put together a world class facility to take over from the CBD venue should Adelaide City Council ever lose it's F1 agreement....

20 years later - I honestly can't remember my final project - I've got a feeling I might have submitted several operational designs, but listed them all as untenable due to governmental restrictions. :?