Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The Tailem track is 100km from Adelaide and Mallala is 60km.  Is it worth spending money at Tailem when Mallala is half done already?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Tailem Bend was a public Drag Strip bought by Mitsubishi to develop into a proving ground but they only added a bit if much at all.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I have never been out there but does anyone know what it would require to bring it up to a suitable standard to host drags, etc. Just from reading about it in the paper it appear to be almost built for a motorsport venue perhaps requiring some modification for public use.

ash...........get some overhead shots of the place up here please
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

The Tailem track is 100km from Adelaide and Mallala is 60km.  Is it worth spending money at Tailem when Mallala is half done already?

one thing Tailem bend does have in its favour......
1. its another track
2. malllalalallalla is boring as bat shit
3. Its closer for the vics to come over
4. premium unleaded can be bought in tailem bend, malllalalalla still has only "super" and "standard" petrol
5. the freway to get to it is a nice drive and the blow flies are not the size of pterodactyls
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

ash...........get some overhead shots of the place up here please

Just Google Map "Tailem Bend test track".

Looks like not much.  You might as well start with an empty paddock somewhere closer to town.

Offline M500

one thing Tailem bend does have in its favour......
1. its another track
2. malllalalallalla is boring as bat shit
3. Its closer for the vics to come over
4. premium unleaded can be bought in tailem bend, malllalalalla still has only "super" and "standard" petrol
5. the freway to get to it is a nice drive and the blow flies are not the size of pterodactyls

Good points, especially 4. given that I had to drive to Gawler to get PULP last time I was at Mallala

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Just Google Map "Tailem Bend test track".

Looks like not much.  You might as well start with an empty paddock somewhere closer to town.

i have 200 acres at Kangarilla (just past Clarendon) with a mountain at the top of the property, its where Simon and I will be doing reccies for dirt rally. I looked at building a circuit........was told by an astute insurance broker that the cost of liability insurance is expensive.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

I'm not very tall - best I could do...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Tailem+Bend+test+track&fb=1&split=1&gl=au&cid=0,0,13621272468578314851&ei=v152SpeOM4T27AOb_uSXCw&ll=-35.291852,139.495382&spn=0.013048,0.019248&t=h&z=16

its a start................the long runway looks long enough for a good high speed run........it would have to be better than Goolwa airport

ash, thanks, that could be a mini nurburgerhamburger ring when one looks at it with imagination

Offline M500

i have 200 acres at Kangarilla (just past Clarendon) with a mountain at the top of the property, its where Simon and I will be doing reccies for dirt rally. I looked at building a circuit........was told by an astute insurance broker that the cost of liability insurance is expensive.
I am no insurance expert, but couldnt the insurance cost be on-charged to the group hiring the track for the day or amortised over the expected number of entrants on a given race meet?