Offline dkabab

obviously it can be fixed by adding dirt, but the gilman area and all around the grand trunkway is actually below sea level. so its pretty wet soil. i have a friend at delfin who has been researching the area for property development... not sure where they stand at the moment.

ive always thought port stanvac would have made for a good location, but it would be like phillip island and be sprayed with salt and strong winds.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Why not just build a drag strip at Mallala? They'll never find a piece of dirt any closer to the city than that capable of complying with planning requirements.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Why not just build a drag strip at Mallala? They'll never find a piece of dirt any closer to the city than that capable of complying with planning requirements.

And $25mill would buy a lot of Mallala for expansion of the site to cover all their desired facilities!

As for the Gillman site, the need for fill over some of the sites would be the least of their problems. I'm still surprised LMC even initially proposed the availability of such a site for motor racing purposes, even more surprised it took them so long to reconsider such a site in that location wasn't suitable!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
And $25mill would buy a lot of Mallala for expansion of the site to cover all their desired facilities!

As for the Gillman site, the need for fill over some of the sites would be the least of their problems. I'm still surprised LMC even initially proposed the availability of such a site for motor racing purposes, even more surprised it took them so long to reconsider such a site in that location wasn't suitable!

simon, you and I have the best training track in Aust for the SARC next year.........an M3 around Kangi, heck we have 200 acres to tear up
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
THE PUBLIC MEETING for the proposed Adelaide Motorplex HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

SUNDAY August 23rd at 2:00pm

Masonic Hall, Cnr Dale Street and Commercial St, Port Adelaide.

Lots of info and speakers, plus the announcement of the date for the Rally in front of Parliment House.

http://adelaidemotorplex.com.au/News--and--Events.php

Also notice on that page they link back here :p

Offline M500

I cant help but think that the disused ex-Mitsubishi test tracksite near Murray Bridge would be suitable and it is for sale/ lease. Perhaps this consortium would be wise to first lease the site with a view to purchase it if demand justified it.

Offline dkabab

Theres a thing on tv tonight, I think its on ACA. About hoons etc… and it shows some video from Mallala and one of the drift comps.
They had some guy saying something about we need track facilities here in SA…. Yet he says it at Mallala… :confused:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I cant help but think that the disused ex-Mitsubishi test tracksite near Murray Bridge would be suitable and it is for sale/ lease. Perhaps this consortium would be wise to first lease the site with a view to purchase it if demand justified it.

the entire site was purchased by the local council who put that many restrictions on its use that the site was unable to be used for anything to do with motoring. The land was meant to be made into a wasteland of natural shrubs and the like or in greenie speak, returned to what it once was.
Fast forward to now and the council can see that if the land is used for motoring the adjoining township of Tailem Bend would benefit and as such the council have advertised its use for motor sports.....all it takes is a shitload of money and hopefully the tenants only have to pay a "peppercorn" rental.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline M500

the entire site was purchased by the local council who put that many restrictions on its use that the site was unable to be used for anything to do with motoring. The land was meant to be made into a wasteland of natural shrubs and the like or in greenie speak, returned to what it once was.
Fast forward to now and the council can see that if the land is used for motoring the adjoining township of Tailem Bend would benefit and as such the council have advertised its use for motor sports.....all it takes is a shitload of money and hopefully the tenants only have to pay a "peppercorn" rental.

I have never been out there but does anyone know what it would require to bring it up to a suitable standard to host drags, etc. Just from reading about it in the paper it appear to be almost built for a motorsport venue perhaps requiring some modification for public use.

Offline dkabab

ive been out there before and have driven the drag strip and skid pad. i dont remember the surface condition of the strip but it wasnt new. this was about 5 years ago. ive got some photos somewhere... will post later